Arabella Advisors seeks a resourceful, detail-oriented, and highly organized individual to serve as Special Assistant and Office Manager in the San Francisco office. You will work closely with the Senior Managing Director to support administrative and business development needs. You will ensure that our office runs smoothly, and play a lead role in connecting staff to our cultural values through events that you design and manage. This is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in learning about the social enterprise sector and building familiarity throughout local and national philanthropic communities.
About Arabella Advisors
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We help our clients imagine what’s possible, design the best strategies, learn what works best, and do the work necessary to realize their visions.
Our staff is a team of passionate problem-solvers—mission-driven and action-oriented—with a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience.
The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation. Our leadership team, advisors, colleagues, and staff are fundamentally concerned with social change. We share a desire to make a difference and apply an outcomes-focused approach. Our internal culture supports employee passions, enables continuous learning, and fosters innovation, risk taking, and fun—even as it emphasizes excellence.
Administrative and business development support (50%)
- Handle all requests for meetings, appointments and scheduling
- Pro-actively manage a pipeline of new opportunities in Salesforce
- Manage travel logistics and expense reporting
- Coordinate logistics for internal and external meetings and speaking engagements
- Attend and participate in meetings with MD on an as needed basis
- Oversee special projects and autonomous assignments as required
Office Management & Culture Programming (50%)
- Serve as front desk receptionist and office manager for the San Francisco office
- Plan and manage cultural and team-building activities for office
- Coordinate logistics for client meetings and social events in office
- Develop and/or support logistics for firm-wide all-staff meetings and cultural activities
- Manage IT vendors, supplies, and guest reception
- Work with building management to address office issues as necessary
- Manage internal calendars and staff recognition days (i.e., staff anniversaries and birthdays)
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Two to four years of professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Demonstrated experience anticipating the needs of a senior manager in a support role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- High degree of organization and attention to detail
- Flexibility, initiative, and entrepreneurial spirit
- Exceptional customer-service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to draft high quality written materials and correspondence
- Ability to manage and make progress on multiple projects simultaneously, including working cooperatively across teams
Other Highly Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Familiarity with Salesforce
- Event planning experience
- Prior work in an office management role
A Career with Arabella Advisors
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, fun, transparent, collaborative, and healthy culture. We invite you to visit our careers website to learn more about our people, culture, and work. However, we thought you should know that Arabella is committed to providing excellent benefits to our employees. For you and your eligible dependents, we provide a competitive package that includes health, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. We also provide you disability coverage; life insurance; personal and volunteer leave time; a 401K match that you are eligible to receive when you start; funds for professional development; and a fitness benefit.
We also are committed to building a firm that is diverse and inclusive. We invite our clients and employees to be fully themselves. By integrating diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work, we benefit from increased knowledge, creativity, flexibility, and organizational and individual growth. We expect all Arabella staff to share this commitment.
Candidates must submit a resume and one-page cover letter to be considered for the position. The cover letter must address why you want to work at Arabella and why this is your dream job. We will disregard candidates that do not submit the appropriate materials.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses.