Department: Communications Department (Cantigny Park)
Reports to: Communications Officer
Duration: June - August 2019
About the Communications Department
Cantigny Communications Design and Media team is responsible for the visual branding of Cantigny Park, Cantigny Golf, Museums and Gardens. We are the brand managers and the voice of the park and its entities. We work within the digital design landscape, including various social media platforms, campaigns, photography, videography and editing to visually market the park attractions, events and programming. Our team manages all visual content including graphic design, publishing, advertisement, signage management, brochures, video, photography and all marketing collateral. Additionally, we maintain social platforms for three entities, develop and cultivate relationships with our followers, and play a direct role in social media growth for the park, golf and museums.
Opportunity: Social Media Intern
This internship is designed to introduce college seniors and recent graduates to the field of marketing and communications in the nonprofit recreation sector through the lens of visual and digital design. Interns will gain exposure in social media, photography/videography, special events marketing, development of internal and external communication strategies and much more. Upon completion, an intern will foster a deeper understanding of the marketing and communications field and gain the experience of working in a professional office environment and cultural institution.
Cantigny Park is seeking a forward-thinking, smart and creative individual with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to work in its Communications Department. The ideal candidate will have a well-rounded marketing communications and branding skill set, with a strong background in the digital design landscape, including various social media platforms, campaigns, photography, videography and editing. Ideal candidates will be comfortable engaging in a variety of digital visual marketing projects and campaigns, while playing a role in social media growth for the park and museums. This is a full-time position (approx. 40 hours/week) from June through August 2019 that reports to the Communications Officer at Cantigny Park.
- Create/curate meaningful content through writing, photography and video to engage our online community on social network platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest
- Stage and photograph various parts of the park operation from gardens, museums and events to food, products and guests for use on social and print
- Develop and execute unique social media campaigns to engage our millennial audience
- Develop a content calendar for the park summer and fall events
- Research products, platforms and trends as they relate to Cantigny operations for posting/sharing and create reports to present finding to social team
- Monitor, track and analyze social media results for monthly electronic media report to share with CEO and staff
- Help create email and direct mail campaigns for Cantigny members
- Recent college graduate or graduate student with knowledge of and experience with social media campaigns and photography (videography skills preferred)
- Deep familiarity with social media platforms, particularly Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest with an ability to create content in the appropriate voice for the organization
- Creative and innovative thinker with the ability to understand the role of social media in an event-driven organization
- Must attend programs and events to capture visual content and post live
- Must have a car or reliable transportation and be willing and able to work some weekends and evenings
- Efficient and effective multi-tasking and time management skills
- Detail-oriented, inquisitive, and thoughtful
- Team player, with the ability to work independently when needed
- Demonstrated passion for the Foundation’s values with commitment to deliver results measured against the Foundation’s mission
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and experience building relationships with multiple stakeholders by listening to new ideas, encouraging dialogue, and inspiring people to work towards common goals
- Excellent writing and presentation skills, particularly in communication with diverse constituencies in a variety of settings
- Basic computer skills including use of Microsoft Office Suite
- All offers are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check and drug screening
- Submit resume, cover letter, and two writing samples here.
- Submit additional materials via email with your name and the position title in the subject line to [email protected]:
- Three to six samples of photography
- Two samples of social media posts, stories, or campaigns that you have created yourself or that you admire (screen shots/links)
- Optional: a video project you have worked on
Cantigny Park and the Robert R. McCormick Foundation provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, individuals with disabilities, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital and housing status.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with