Since 1984, Share Our Strength® has led the fight against hunger and poverty by inspiring and organizing individuals and businesses to share their strengths. Today, through the No Kid Hungry and Cooking Matters campaigns, Share Our Strength is ending childhood hunger in America by ensuring all children get the healthy food they need. No child should go hungry in America – we’re on our way to making that a reality and we want you to join us. We’re bold, creative, always open to new ideas, and 100% dedicated to our mission. If that sounds like you, we’d like you to consider becoming part of our team.
The Social Media Associate will support No Kid Hungry and Generation No Kid Hungry social networks, providing community management, campaign management and innovate continually refine social media best practices. In addition, the Social Media Associate will examine audience engagement and analytics to help create strategic plans to engage our communities. The Associate will prepare rapid response actions for impactful advocacy and offer strategic suggestions and digital best practices to enhance Share Our Strength’s reach. Finally, the Social Media Associate will coordinate regularly with internal teams related to social media, youth engagement, design, and more.
- Interact with network and supporters in real time across all platforms.
- Monitor online conversations and join in where appropriate.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to create engaging campaigns across @NoKidHungry channels.
- Support our social council and digital advocate influencer program.
- Help push @NoKidHungry social channels to be best in class in going live across channels, and developing innovative campaigns that elevate our partners, work, and community.
- Coordinate with key influencers, prepare unique content for upcoming campaigns and live retreats, share interesting updates, articles, analytics, etc.
- Support Generation No Kid Hungry social media accounts as needed.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders, external vendors and partners.
- Maintain consistent brand presence across social media outlets.
- Other duties as assigned.
Has extensive contact with Share Our Strength staff. Has extensive contact with No Kid Hungry supporters and advocates.
Reports to Senior Manager, Social Media and Digital Engagement. Has no direct reports currently. Helps supervise Digital Interns.
Normal office work environment with limited travel (less than 15%).
This position is classified as exempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act and is ineligible for overtime pay.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3 years of related experience.
- Must be able to learn other new technology applications for communications and design.
- Excellent information management and organizational skills, with great attention to detail and ability to pivot between tasks quickly.
- Great initiative and mature judgment, with significant creative capacity and flexibility.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written), discretion, and strong emotional intelligence.
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms and best practices in a professional setting.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, Sprout Social, TrackMaven, and social media analytics a plus.
- Proven ability to help implement creative social media campaigns that can generate high audience engagement.
- Experience with using analytics to improve performance required, with knowledge of micro-targeting a plus.
- Experience going live from the field and across channels a plus.
- Experience training others on social media platforms and best practices.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
Applicants should apply on the Share Our Strength website here (Social Media Associate).
At Share our Strength, we value an individual’s diversity of backgrounds, experiences, ideas and perspectives. A hallmark of our history, culture and values has been the organization’s desire to bring together motivated, intelligent, and talented people to work together to find and implement solutions to eliminate childhood hunger. We each come to Share Our Strength with a unique background, but together we form a team that yields amazing results.
This shared value of encouraging and embracing diversity in our organization fosters a workplace and culture that is highlighted for its innovation, open expression of ideas, and collaboration. With a strong shared commitment to the organization’s mission, and a unique blend of individual strengths, we are all working toward ensuring that each child in America has food where they Live, Learn, and Play.