Social Innovation Forum
About the Social Innovation Forum
Since 2003, the Social Innovation Forum (SIF) has been building networks and capacity to accelerate social change in greater Boston. SIF brings together innovative nonprofit organizations and social impact businesses and connects them to passionate investors, supporters, mentors, and in-kind partners who are seeking new ways to use their resources – time, talent, and money – to create positive social impact. With 99 organizations in the SIF portfolio and more than 2,600 committed funders and practitioners in our active community, SIF has directed more than $24 million in cash and in-kind services to our Innovators and Entrepreneurs. Founded in 2003 as a program of Root Cause, SIF incorporated as an independent nonprofit organization in 2015.
The Program Coordinator is an important member of SIF’s program team. This individual will work on a broad set of activities to support the Social Innovation Forum as it enters its second year as an independent nonprofit organization and continues to build capacity and expand its impact. The Program Coordinator will report to the Lead Consultant, helping to ensure that the Social Innovator Accelerator runs smoothly. Each year, the Social Innovation Forum selects a cohort of highperforming nonprofit organizations (called Social Innovators) and helps them build capacity, gain visibility, expand their networks, and connect with philanthropic and in-kind resources. The Social Innovator Accelerator engages over 100 volunteers, coaches, and in-kind service providers and hosts more than 30 events annually, from small-group meetings to more formal events with 200400 attendees.
In addition to working on the Social Innovator Accelerator, the Program Coordinator will plan and execute other programs and initiatives. For example, SIF piloted its first Boot Camp program in the spring of 2016 and plans to run more Boot Camp programs in the upcoming years.
Overall, the Program Coordinator will play a critical role as the primary point of contact for current and past Innovators, Boot Camp participants, volunteers, in-kind partners, funders, and others in the SIF community. The Program Coordinator should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, bringing a customer-service approach to coordinating meetings and events, communicating with stakeholders, and proactively addressing issues and challenges.
- Work closely with the Lead Consultant on coordinating and managing the nomination, application, and evaluation processes of the Social Innovator Accelerator
- Manage and maintain the application online portal system
- Collaborate with the Lead Consultant on selecting executive coaches and matching them with the Innovators
- Provide support to SIF’s in-kind partners and oversee their work with the Innovators
- Assist with managing the design, content creation, and printing of SIF’s publications - including the Social Innovators’ Performance Measurement Report, the Social Impact Investment Guide, and the Boot Camp prospectuses
- Provide support to the Innovators and Boot Camp participants in preparation for the Showcase event, including pitch practice, production of collateral, and organization of invitation lists and RSVPs
- Assist with performance measurement tracking of past Innovators and Boot Camp participants, including tracking indicators and scheduling progress calls
- Maintain accurate records for Innovators, Accelerator applicants, and program participants in Salesforce
- Coordinate scheduling, timelines, and logistics for various program events, such as information sessions, Innovator meetings, consultant meetings, executive coach meetings, and pitch panels
- Manage planning and execution of the evaluation and interview sessions
- Work closely with the Development and Events Coordinator on planning and execution of events including Social Issue Talks, Social Innovator Showcase, Winter Reception, and Boot Camp pitch events
Note: Event coordination will include ordering food, room set-up and clean-up (catering, AV, collateral/handouts), printing nametags, coordinating with the Development and Communications team on invitations and RSVP tracking, and follow up activities.
- Coordinate communications with current and past Innovators, volunteers, and in-kind partners
- Support the Development and Communications team in executing SIF’s social media strategy
- Supervise and/or mentor interns or co-op students as needed
- Provide additional support to the broader SIF team as needed
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Project or program management experience highly desired
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Experience in efficiently and effectively managing multiple projects and deadlines
- Interest in, and experience with, event management
- Comfort with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Flexibility and willingness to work and learn in a small, entrepreneurial, start-up environment
Interest in/knowledge of different nonprofit social issue areas
- Passion for venture philanthropy and social innovation is a plus
- Willingness to work some early mornings and evenings as required for SIF’s events
- Willingness to learn new web tools and computer programs as needed
- Experience with Salesforce and/or online application/evaluation systems is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (or equivalent work experience)
- Salary: Mid-$30,000s annually with full benefits package (three weeks vacation, health insurance, dental insurance, retirement plan)
To apply for this position, please complete our online application form and upload your resume and a one-page cover letter.
The Social Innovation Forum is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status recognized by federal, state or local law with respect to employment opportunities. Please visit our website at www.socialinnovationforum.org.