Senior Staff Accountant, Arabella Finance
Due to company growth, Arabella Advisors seeks a dynamic and enthusiastic individual to join our Corporate Finance team. The position reports to the Controller and will be responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of financial information. Our ideal candidate will have excellent time management skills with a demonstrated ability to manage and meet deadlines while working on multiple projects simultaneously. The right candidate has outstanding client service skills, operates independently with minimal direction and enjoys working in a fast paced, mission driven environment.
About Arabella Advisors
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists, and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We help our clients imagine what’s possible, design the best strategies, learn what works best, and do the work necessary to realize their visions.
We are a team of passionate problem-solvers: mission-driven and action-oriented, with a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience in the field.
The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation. Our leadership team, advisors, colleagues, and staff are fundamentally concerned with social change. We share a desire to make a difference and apply an outcomes-focused approach. Our internal culture supports employee passions, enables continuous learning, and fosters innovation, risk taking, and fun—even as it emphasizes excellence
- Manage revenue reporting to ensure GAAP compliance
- Review customer contracts to identify accounting issues and to ensure compliance with the company’s revenue recognition policies
- Play a key role in month-end and year-end closing activities
- Prepare various journal entries to include revenue, prepaid, accruals and payroll
- Perform detailed review and complete reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts
- Manage corporate reporting including miscellaneous tax filings and state registrations
- Prepare schedules for year-end audit and annual tax returns
- Support financial reporting activities for external client portfolio
- Assist with enhancements to financial reporting package
- Document and monitor accounting processes and internal controls
- Perform special projects as needed
Team Learning, Performance Management, and Communications
- Encourages, leads and proactively participates in team learning activities
- Provides technical accounting assistance to the team
- Manages parts of team objectives
- Supports the development and mentorship of junior staff
- Analyze, synthesize, and communicate information to various audiences
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Minimum of four years of relevant professional experience
- Solid understanding of GAAP especially in the area of revenue recognition
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and meet a constant stream of deadlines
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly detailed and organized
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Excel
Other Highly Preferred Skills and Experience
- CPA or CPA track
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics
- Familiarity with management reporting software
A Career with Arabella Advisors
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, fun, transparent, collaborative, and healthy culture. We invite you to visit our careers website to learn more about our people, culture, and work. However, we thought you should know that Arabella is committed to providing excellent benefits to our employees. For you and your eligible dependents, we provide a competitive package that includes health, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. We also provide you disability coverage; life insurance; personal and volunteer leave time; a 401K match that you are eligible to receive when you start; funds for professional development; and a fitness benefit.
We also are committed to building a firm that is diverse and inclusive. We invite our clients and employees to be fully themselves. By integrating diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work, we benefit from increased knowledge, creativity, flexibility, and organizational and individual growth. We expect all Arabella staff to share this commitment.
Candidates must submit a resume and one-page cover letter to be considered for the position through this link. The cover letter must address why you want to work at Arabella Advisors. We will disregard candidates that do not submit the appropriate materials.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses.