The Foundation’s goals are to maximize individual potential, build capacities through education, and create opportunities, so that people everywhere can achieve freedom of choice. The Foundation’s international, impact-driven philanthropic grant plan is organized into three funding programs: cancer research, social/education, and libertarian-focused grants. Until now, a single portfolio of freedom-focused and social/educational grants was managed by one Senior Program Manager. Due to the foundation’s strategy to increase support in the freedom/empowerment area, these grants will now be managed by a focused Senior Program Manager to steward and grow opportunities for funding for qualified programs.
Rising Tide Foundation is seeking an experienced Senior Program Manager to strategically develop and grow this program to the next level. This is a new position. The role will be based in the foundation’s office in Schaffhausen Switzerland. Relocation opportunities for candidates, particularly the US and the UK may be available, and would be envisioned as a three-year minimum commitment. The Foundation’s business is conducted in English.
Specific Requirements Include
- Expands current project funding to a broader array of recipient organizations thus ensuring more projects propelling freedom-focused work is active around the globe.
- Manages grant awards for approximately 10-15 projects from Letter of Inquiry review through board approval to evaluation of completed programs.
- Ensures consistent and efficient promotion and representation of Rising Tide Foundation’s grants, program resources, and activities in the libertarian/classical liberalism “space” by establishing and building partnerships, strategic allies, collaborations and networks internationally.
- Establishes self and RTF (in first 36 months) as a leading authority on libertarian principles application, thus further expanding the footprint.
- Oversees the due diligence and recommendation of grants to the Grant Review Committee. Manages the release of funds and reimbursements as approved by the Foundation Board.
- Works cooperatively with Legal and Financial staff and other divisions as needed to ensure grant activity is compliant with all laws, regulations and policies.
- Develops an annual operating budget for the portfolio and ensures that grant activity is administered within budget guidelines.
- Develops and implements ongoing and long-range evaluation and review of the effectiveness of freedom focused grant and program resources and activities in consultation with Foundation Advisory Board and Rising Tide leadership.
- Strong background in the libertarian or classical liberal philosophy and network in the field.
- Ability to and interest in travel, mostly internationally, approximately 20% visiting grantees, attending/leading conferences and being visible in the networks supporting freedom/libertarian thinking and practice.
- Career track record that shows stability with an organization and capacity to develop and nurture relationships culminating in overall success and a track record of increasing responsibilities in a nonprofit, NGO or Foundation.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in managing an impact-oriented program portfolio (grant making, impact investment, venture philanthropy, NGO, corporate foundation, etc.) preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree preferred.
- Fluentcy in English is required (written and spoken); ability to speak German is an advantage.
This position offers a competitive salary. In addition to standard benefits in Switzerland, RTF offers additive retirement funding and an incentive program. Relocation support is offered. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
The Rising Tide Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria.
TO APPLY, PLEASE CLICK HERE: http://bit.ly/RTF-SPM
To assure confidential tracking of all applicants, no applications will be accepted via email. ALL INQUIRIES WILL BE HELD IN STRICT CONFIDENCE.