Verité is a global, award-winning non-profit organization based in Massachusetts that illuminates and addresses serious human rights and labor rights violations in factories, farms, and other workplaces around the world. Our vision is a world where people work under safe, fair, and legal conditions. Since our inception in 1995, we have partnered with hundreds of multinational brands, suppliers, and international institutions in more than 70 countries across multiple sectors to improve working conditions and social performance within global supply chains. We work with major brands, such as Gap, Keurig, HP, Nestle, Patagonia, Apple, and Disney. Our work has been featured in major media outlets, such as: Forbes, Fast Company, The Atlantic, and The New York Times. Our impact has been recognized and awarded by organizations such as the Skoll Foundation and the Schwab Foundation for Social Entrepreneurship.
Among our many services and programs to promote workers’ rights and sustainability in global supply chains, Verité is building an ambitious, data-driven technology, CUMULUS, to bring greater visibility to the risk of forced labor risk in global supply chains. The patent-pending, cloud-hosted software platform synthesizes information across shared data sets to identify and visualize forced labor risks with unparalleled fidelity and clarity.
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager who wishes to drive this vision to reality, help intensify our impact, and change the world for the better through their work.
The Senior Product Manager will lead the successful launch and growth of an innovative new technology solution for companies to combat forced labor and human trafficking in their global supply chains.
The ideal candidate will come to Verité with a passion for building and delivering to the market effective technology products, at least five years in progressively responsible product management positions, demonstrated skill in collaborating with others, a mature and effective approach to managing staff, excellent communication skills, and an excitement about strengthening early stage technology products. The Senior Product Manager position will report directly to the Verité CEO and provide leadership on all aspects of CUMULUS to Verité leadership and staff, clients (including multinational Fortune 500 companies), funders, and other important CUMULUS stakeholders.
- Work with Verité leadership and staff globally to define a comprehensive product vision and road map for CUMULUS
- Create a cross-functional product development culture within the organization and oversee and contribute to the definition of product requirements (i.e. PRDs), product design (i.e. UX and visual), product development, quality assurance, and customer success
- Identify and manage objectives and key results for CUMULUS, and track and optimize against metrics on customer acquisition, usage, revenue, retention, and referrals
- Manage multiple product development partners, including external designers, developers, and QA professionals
- Work with partners to contribute to the design and execution of the cloud solution architecture, information architecture, wireframes, and analytics tracking plans
- Be an expert in respect to other similar and related initiatives worldwide, and track competitive and industry trends and solutions to foster continuous innovation of the product
- Work with senior leadership and marketing partners to manage promotion of, branding, and all internal and external communication related to CUMULUS
- Demonstrate product features to internal staff, clients, and prospective clients
- Provide guidance on product pricing and assist in identifying sources of funding to support continued evolution and growth of CUMULUS
- Support the robust growth of CUMULUS by forecasting staff needs and leading recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, and supervision of a growing team
- Work with Verité staff and global partners to integrate the CUMULUS platform with other Verité programming to optimize our impact on labor conditions for vulnerable populations
- Conduct regular user interviews and surveys to identify opportunities for improvement
- Represent CUMULUS, and Verité generally, at meetings and events where CUMULUS can be presented or featured
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in business, statistics, computer science, public policy, international development, economics, or a related field
- Minimum of five years of progressively responsible professional experience with software product development or product management
- Experience working with technical, business, and design teams
- Ability to travel in the U.S. and internationally, including in developing country contexts
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills including ability to communicate to all levels of the organization
- Accurate and attentive to detail
- Skilled in planning, organizing, and project management
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Advanced critical thinking, analysis, problem solving and synthesis skills
- Strong ability to set priorities, solve problems, and be resourceful under pressure
- Self-driven and able to work both independently and as part of a team
- MBA or master’s degree in computer or data science
- Knowledge of supply chain compliance and labor/human rights
- Experience building web-based consumer software from inception to launch
- Strong understanding of recent trends in web technologies, frameworks, tools, and patterns
- Strong familiarity with data analysis and visualization, database management, including knowledge of SQL, Python, or R
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex information into graphic or interactive visualizations
Qualifications for all Verité Positions
- Demonstrates strong personal commitment to Verité's mission or related social justice objectives in human rights, labor issues, international law, or corporate social responsibility
- Demonstrates professional competency and/or personal experience thinking and working effectively across a broad range of perspectives and experiences
- Demonstrates sensitivity and competency engaging with the diverse, marginalized populations impacted by Verité’s mission
- Fluent, clear, and concise writing in English
- Personal reliability and commitment to organizational success
A competitive non-profit sector salary and benefits package are offered.
Preferred location in Massachusetts, but flexible within reasonable travel distance for right candidate able to visit office on regular basis.
Verité is committed to a diverse work force and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expressions, status as a veteran, and on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
To Apply: Please email cover letter and CV detailing your relevant experience against the skills and qualifications above to: [email protected] with the subject line “Senior Product Manager.” No telephone inquiries will be accepted for this position.
Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States.