Hispanics in Philanthropy (HIP) is a transnational network of grantmakers committed to strengthening Latino communities across the Americas. HIP connects and convenes funders, nonprofits, researchers, and other leaders to identify emerging needs among Latinos as well as best practices for responsive and effective funding of social change. HIP pioneers new philanthropic models by leading collaborative initiatives and has provided grants and training to help build the capacity of more than 600 organizations and leaders.
This position offers an exciting opportunity for a skilled fundraiser to support our important work around migration, gender equity, civic engagement, Latino leadership, and more.
The Senior Manager, Grants will be a key member of HIP’s Development team, focused on managing HIP’s relationships with foundations, overseeing the grants process and developing new fundraising strategies. The majority of HIP’s funding comes from foundation grants, and in a typical year the organization is managing over 30 grant contracts. The selected candidate will have a proven track record of managing multi-stakeholder collaborations, building consensus while working toward results, and maintaining priorities while managing multiple projects. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to develop nuanced strategic messaging, are essential.
This individual will report to the President and will supervise a full-time Development Associate, who acts as lead writer for grant proposals and reports, and supports the administrative needs of the department.
- Lead all aspects of institutional fundraising and grants development for the organization.
- Develop and implement an annual fundraising plan that accurately reflects HIP’s funding needs and realistic funding prospects. Maintain fundraising calendars and manage deadlines with relevant programs and finance staff.
- Support senior leadership including President, Vice Presidents, Program Directors and Board members in developing fundraising strategies and preparing successful pitches.
- Oversee Development Associate in the process of writing grant proposals and reports for both specific programs and general operating funds, as well as informal donor communication. Provide writing and editing support as needed.
- Ensure coordination of funder outreach across teams. Track and manage relationships with foundations, maintaining a high level of professionalism.
- Spearhead sponsorship solicitation for HIP’s Annual Conference and other special events as needed. Serve as point of contact for sponsors and ensure delivery of sponsor benefits.
- Partner with Senior Membership Manager to develop new member recruitment strategies and maintain high rate of membership renewals.
- Keep staff apprised of fundraising efforts and successes, including the preparation of quarterly fundraising reports. Liaise with Finance team to ensure that fundraising is on track.
- Conduct regular prospect research to identify new grant opportunities, in coordination with HIP’s Programs staff.
- Partner with Communications team to develop updated collateral for current and prospective donors, members and sponsors.
- Ensure donor records are up-to-date, accurate and organized.
- 5-plus years of experience in fundraising, donor relations and grants management.
- A commitment to Hispanics in Philanthropy’s vision and mission.
- Excellent writing skills in a variety of styles, including technical writing for grant proposals and creative writing for communication materials and informal donor outreach.
- Accuracy and clarity in all writing, research and editing tasks.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, detail oriented, with ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Strategic thinker, with solid judgment and demonstrated integrity.
- Ability to manage high-pressure situations and respond to the unexpected.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Bachelor’s degree (English, Communications or Journalism, a plus).
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to involve and work collaboratively and effectively with peers in joint and shared efforts.
- Ability to work remotely with staff members throughout the country.
- Bilingual English/Spanish fluency.
- Familiarity with intermediary philanthropy and the role of philanthropy support organizations (PSOs).
- Experience in nonprofit management.
- Experience in Salesforce or a similar CRM database, and Google Suite.
Commensurate with experience, with possibility for growth based on performance results.
Hispanics in Philanthropy offers a range of benefits for full time employees including medical, dental, vision, 401K matching, commuter check benefits, discounts on services, as well as sick, vacation, and paid holiday time.
Some travel will be required, no more than 25%.
Physical requirements include: daily use of computer and phone for regular communications with staff and team members.
Hispanics in Philanthropy welcomes diverse team members and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with preference to applications received before October 31, 2019. Please submit the following documents for your application to this position:
- Cover letter describing your interest and matched abilities for this role and your salary requirements;
- Brief writing sample demonstrating analytical and/or persuasive writing skills (no more than 5 pages);
Three references, with a minimum of 2 supervisor references, will be requested of those continuing through the interview process.
Please send materials to [email protected].