You are mission-driven and action-oriented. You love to get involved and work as part of a team to accomplish something great. Any job is your job if it helps the team succeed, and you thrive on variety. Today, you’re looking for a role where you can use those traits to make a real difference in the world by advancing the most important social issues facing humanity today.
If that sounds like you, Arabella Advisors can’t wait to meet you.
In 2020, Arabella is opening a new office in downtown Durham that will include both current members of the Arabella team and new hires. This position will be located in that office.
We need someone that can help Arabella improve the managed nonprofit organizations with its enterprise resource planning system and financial information controls. The Senior IT Administrator will be responsible for interacting with business stakeholders and collecting requirements to support their operational, tactical, and strategic reporting as well as other analytical business needs. This resource should be able to work with developers and guide them in completing business requirements and maintaining best practices with IT internal controls within the ERP system. The position will also analyze and evaluate accounting data to make recommendations to MO Finance management about ways to process transactional activities more efficiently, improve data storage and business reporting, and other business issues.
- Provide technical support in ERP, database implementation and project deployments. Create and maintain various SQL Server procedures to validate and backup data, general reports and send/confirm trouble shooting emails.
- Create, maintain, and distribute reports with Microsoft Great Plains “GP” and Solver.
- Own and update product roadmap of prioritized maintenance and enhancements for ERP.
- Ability to interact with business stakeholders and gather requirements and provide input for requested changes.
- Ability to translate business requirements correctly into technical specifications. Should be able to write Exact, Transform, Load “ETL” and report requirements.
- Design, build, and test ETL processes (using SQL Server Integration Services packages) to move and transform data based on defined data architectures.
- Ability to work with developers in explaining requirements and completing testing in test environments prior to production deployments.
- Monitor compatibility of all data delivery tools and warehouse and ensure effective resolution between the tools and the warehouse.
- Participate in various project meetings and prepare applications for database.
- Intermediate knowledge of nonprofit financial accounting.
- Design and implement various reports and prepare dashboards.
- Analyze and recommend process improvements.
- Evaluate all training programs for end users and provide support for same.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and navigate complex business environment.
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
To Be Successful in This Role, You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in information systems / accounting / nonprofit administration.
- Minimum of three (3) years working knowledge of Great Plains (GP)
- Minimum of three (3) years working with SQL Server Data warehouse.
Our Core Competencies:
- The ability to provide excellent service, including being able to address complex service matters, implement and communicate service changes to everyone involved, and to coach teammates on how to apply the firm’s service standards
- The ability to manage large-scale and cross-firm projects, including delegating and managing all resources, identifying and implementing improved processes, monitoring consistency across project teams, and providing direction and support to teammates
- The ability to facilitate and negotiate among stakeholders with conflicting needs and to generate consensus among decision makers
- The ability to help effectively communicate difficult messages; to adapt style, tone, and content to meet various needs; and to coach teammates on crafting content
- The ability to work cooperatively and inclusively with others to achieve shared goals, including encouraging and facilitating effective compromise, drawing on the capabilities of all team members, and leading team-level knowledge sharing
- The ability to use available resources and feedback to continually develop mastery in your role and facilitate team and project-level learning, including coaching others
- The ability to solve complex challenges by identifying innovative solutions and facilitating coordination with others
About Arabella Advisors
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We work on issues ranging from the social and economic advancement of women and girls, and conservation of our climate and planet, to reducing poverty and inequity in the United States and around the world. Our staff members are mission-driven and action-oriented, and have a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience. The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation.
About Arabella’s Managed Organization’s Finance Team
Arabella Advisors provides operations and management support to multiple nonprofit organizations, including the New Venture Fund, the Windward Fund, and the Hopewell Fund—all 501(c)(3) public charities—and the Sixteen Thirty Fund, a 501(c)(4).These managed organizations house new and innovative public interest projects and nonprofits, as well as coordinate collaborative initiatives between donors and administer grants programs. This type of structure is commonly referred to as fiscal sponsorship, and candidates are highly encouraged to research fiscal sponsorship prior to a first interview. The managed organizations provide support to a diverse range of projects, including many focused-on conservation, global health and civic engagement.
Working with Us
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, transparent, collaborative, healthy, and fun culture.
We invite you to visit our careers page to learn more.
To encourage work/life balance, we offer flexible work options. Our office is an open space with cubicles and informal work areas. Our salaries are closer to the range of a nonprofit and our benefits are excellent.
You’ll start with three weeks of vacation, 80 hours of personal time, and 20 hours of paid time to volunteer at an organization of your choice. In addition to sevenfederal holidays, you get to pick four more from a list of inclusive religious holidays and your birthday.
We have a competitive health package that includes medical, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. We also provide funds for professional development, a fitness benefit, and cover part of your personal cell phone plan.
How to Apply
Submit a resume and a one-page cover letter online. The cover letter should address why you’re excited to work at Arabella and why you’re qualified for this specific job.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing.