Pacific Foundation Services, LLC (PFS) is a professional services firm that manages over 35 independent family foundations. We provide whatever a foundation needs to operate optimally, including strategic advice, board support, grantmaking programs, compliance, financial management and a physical home. With a current staff of 35, we value competence and camaraderie and work together to make the most of our collective experience. We thrive on collaboration and share our talents to provide top-level service to our clients.
PFS is looking for an experienced senior accountant to join the PFS team. As an important member of the finance team, the Senior Accountant works to ensure timely and accurate financial information for each client foundation. The Senior Accountant is responsible for client accounting activities, including budgets, financial statements, accounting for investments, and assisting in audit and tax preparation. The position is full-time (37.5 hours per week), nonexempt, and reports to the Vice President of Finance.
- Conduct monthly close and prepare monthly financial statements for clients, including:
- Preparing journal entries
- Updating investment roll forward schedules
- Reconciling investment and bank statements, as needed
- Preparing monthly reports
- Develop annual budgets for foundation clients, including updates and revisions, as needed.
- Manage estimated tax payment process for clients, including coordinating with outside accountants to prepare estimates.
- Coordinate annual audit/review processes for clients, including:
- Preparing requested materials for auditors
- Working with auditors during on-site fieldwork to answer questions, provide additional information as needed
- Addressing subsequent post fieldwork questions
- Coordinate annual tax return processes for clients, including:
- Providing requested information to tax accountants
- Reviewing draft 990-PFs
- Ensuring submission of final returns
- Responding to client requests for information
- Assist VP of Finance on special projects as assigned.
- BS or BA in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration, or equivalent experience.
- At least five years general ledger accounting experience, including reconciliations. Experience with investment and/or nonprofit accounting required.
- At least three years’ experience with financial reporting and budgeting.
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Prior experience participating in audits or reviews strongly preferred.
- Extensive experience with accounting software. Quick Books experience desirable.
- Proven skills with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, in a Windows environment.
- Highly organized and detail-oriente
- Ability to juggle multiple, unrelated projects, including ability to prioritize.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative team environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and discretion about confidential matters.
- Demonstrated commitment to PFS values of generosity, respect, integrity, inclusion, commitment, and humility.
PFS has offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, and Santa Rosa. This position will be based in the San Francisco office but may require occasional travel to our Palo Alto office.
Salary Range: $70,000 - $95,000, DOE
Benefits: Include medical, dental, vision, Section 125 plan, 401K retirement, Commuter Checks and more
Please email a cover letter explaining your interest in the position, salary requirements, and a resume to:
Juliana Grenzeback, Vice President of Finance
E-mail: [email protected]
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE!
Pacific Foundation Services is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment and our company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, national origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, citizenship, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service, legally protected medical condition or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
All final candidates must provide three relevant employment references, and be able to verify the right to work in the United States.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in with