Do you value purpose in your work and thrive in an inclusive environment that emphasizes learning and collaboration? Are you an entrepreneurial leader who is energized by the thought of helping to grow a consulting practice while informing organizations’ strategies to drive transformational change? Do you love data, talking about research methods, and exploring evaluation approaches?
About Community Wealth Partners
Community Wealth Partners helps nonprofits and foundations accelerate progress on their missions and solve social problems at the magnitude they exist. Our clients, who are our partners, are not satisfied with incremental change; they are driven by the belief that social problems, while complex and interconnected, can be solved. Our people share that belief and are motivated by the opportunity to tackle complex issues every day through strategy, implementation, and strategic capacity building engagements. As a subsidiary of a national nonprofit, Share Our Strength, we bring the successful practices of one of the nation’s leading anti-hunger, anti-poverty organizations to hundreds of change agents nationwide.
With a goal of doubling Community Wealth Partner’s impact and revenue by 2022, we are in growth mode. The growth of our Learning and Evaluation practice will be a critical component of our overall firm growth. We seek a new senior team member to help us make this vision a reality.
Community Wealth is seeking an experienced evaluation professional to join our Learning and Evaluation team. Our evaluation practice focuses on designing and executing evaluations that are user-focused and flexible by design, while remaining robust, rigorous, and grounded in equitable evaluation practices. This individual will work closely with the Senior Director of Learning and Impact to help build our learning and evaluation practice to meet current and emerging client needs during an exciting period of growth. This will include helping to establish and execute plans to grow the practice and independently leading client engagements focused on measurement, learning, and evaluation. Much of the client work will be focused on designing and carrying out evaluations, ranging from the developmental and formative to impact/summative projects, and developing learning culture and systems for clients.
- Develop, manage, and take ownership for relationships with clients, with a particular focus on:
- Advising and coaching executives and client teams through significant strategic and organizational efforts centered around learning and evaluation.
- Facilitating meetings and discussions across diverse groups of client stakeholders to share findings that can inform real-world, pragmatic decisions about organizational or programmatic strategy and implementation.
- Overseeing project management to ensure that work plans and timelines meet client needs and that project teams meet budget objectives and deadlines.
- Building long-term relationships with key clients through communicating promising opportunities for continued partnership and creating a vision for long-term partnership.
- Lead and guide project teams in designing and executing evaluations for large-scale social change initiatives; develop organization- or network-level learning and performance measurement systems; and develop internal and external-facing evaluation resources. With a particular focus on:
- Developing logic models, evaluation frameworks, and analysis plans, and identifying appropriate quantitative and qualitative indicators to guide evaluation efforts for use in proposals and client engagements.
- Using a variety of research methods to collect qualitative and quantitative data, analyze and synthesize results with appropriate stastical analysis, and assess adequacy of available data and determine necessary actions to collect additional data.
- Developing project reports detailing evaluation background, critical evaluation questions, evaluation methods, findings, and recommendations to nonprofit and foundation clients.
- Applying continuous learning principles and practices to the evaluation designs based on clients’ needs and interests.
- Partner with the Senior Director and other members of the Learning and Evaluation team to develop the practice’s go-to market growth strategy, with a particular focus on:
- Playing a key role in the development and execution of the team’s plan to assess new market needs and opportunities and explore them with existing nonprofit and foundation client relationships.
- Actively building new relationships with foundation and nonprofit leaders and developing learning and evaluation project ideas and proposals to meet their needs.
- Circulating knowledge and lessons learned with the team, and contribute to organization’s internal learning system and external thought leadership efforts.
- Minimum of 12 years of professional experience in research, performance measurement, and/or impact evaluation, including a minimum of five years in a client-facing environment designing formative and summative evaluations.
- Masters or PhD in the social sciences, public policy, or related field required.
- Experience with U.S. social sector organization clients, particularly foundations, is required. Knowledge of one of the following issue areas preferred: health, education, housing/homeownership, youth development, and/or workforce development.
- Significant experience in:
- Selecting and applying appropriate evaluation approaches – e.g., developmental, utilization-focused, participatory, theory-driven, empowerment etc. – to clients’ needs and interests.
- Embedding continuous and adaptive learning principles into evaluation efforts.
- Designing and implementing data collection tools, conducting data analysis, and writing evaluation, assessment, and/or research reports.
- Qualitative research methods and utilizing mixed-methods approaches to social sector challenges.
- Quantitative research/evaluation, including familiarity with quasi-experimental design.
- Field experience conducting research with community members and other direct stakeholders.
- Proficient in data management. Significant facility with Microsoft Excel is required. Experience with statistical analysis software, such as Stata or R, and with data visualization applications, like Tableau, is preferred.
- Track record of successfully identifying potential clients, building and maintaining client relationships, and scoping and securing new client projects.
- Experience in bringing well-developed research skills and guidance to client engagements.
- Has a demonstrated track record of building and sustaining partnerships or programs with a minimum annual revenue of $400k-$500k.
- Strong skills in analytical thinking, public speaking and facilitation, and written and oral communications.
- Innovative leader who seeks to drive systems-level change to solve some of our country’s most intractable problems.
- Exceptional interpersonal and management skills, an ability to build long-term relationships with diverse and multi-cultural stakeholders.
- Thrives in a collaborative, results-based, continuous learning environment and when working in a dynamic, team-based structure, engaging on multiple projects at one time.
- Skilled at providing project management oversight to teams and staff development support to team members.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience. The position involves approximately 15-30% travel to client sites.
Interested parties should submit cover letters and resumes via the Community Wealth Partners careers page: http://communitywealth.com/our-people/careers/. We are targeting a start date in Winter 2018.
Community Wealth Partners is an equal opportunity employer. More information about Community Wealth Partners is available at www.communitywealth.com.