About the Position
Are you looking to leverage your skills in stakeholder engagement and project management to create a more equitable and impactful philanthropic sector?
The National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy (NCRP) in Washington, D.C. is looking for a senior engagement associate who can help the organization’s small but high-performing team promote philanthropy that is accountable, effective and responsive to the needs of marginalized communities. The senior associate will play a crucial role in managing a core initiative, Power Moves, and in engaging with our nonprofit organization members.
This is a wonderful opportunity for hands-on experience in project management with a mission-driven national nonprofit. You’ll lead the team and manage the project activities for the Power Moves initiative. You’ll gain experience in advancing learning and evaluation activities for projects. You’ll develop your supervision skills by co-supervising an intern. You’ll liaise with foundations and other sector organizations from across the country who share NCRP’s values and who want to improve their practices, and engage them to act on common goals. You’ll get a chance to lead presentations with national audiences. If you are interested in building a vast network throughout this sector in order to make a difference now, while also building transferable skills for future work at a nonprofit or philanthropic institution, please read more below.
The senior associate will be supervised by the field director.
- Manage regular team meetings and the team’s outreach to grantmakers and other stakeholders to advance project goals
- Assist in budgeting and fundraising
- Design and coordinate creative, stimulating and appropriately provocative conference and webinar sessions
- Promote Power Moves to relevant sector organizations
- Supervise and mentor project interns
- Attend conferences and lead presentations about Power Moves
Nonprofit Membership Engagement
- Design and coordinate a power mapping training or similar activity for movement group allies and members
- Coordinate quarterly virtual discussions about fundraising strategy, funding data for nonprofit members, and the status of NCRP Initiatives
Other duties as assigned
Estimated travel is 25%.
A successful candidate will have the following qualities:
- Ownership: You care deeply about getting results in your realm, and you proactively develop solutions to challenges and push to get past roadblocks, including paying attention to even small details, anticipating problems, offering creative solutions, driving work forward, and course-correcting when needed.
- Relationship-oriented: You recognize the deep importance that relationships with colleagues and allies play in our work, and you successfully build rapport and trust with others.
- Positive attitude: Approach work with a spirit of “yes”; strike a positive tone and adapt cheerfully as things change (which they inevitably will!).
- Organizational responsibility: Operate with the best interests of the organization in mind, and not simply the best interests of your team.
- Applied learning: You absorb information from your colleagues, from your work, and from keeping up with your field. If something doesn’t make sense, you ask questions until it does, and you apply what you learn in your work!
- Experience building relationships of mutual accountability to advance project/organizational goals
- Project and people management skills
- A strong commitment to equity and social justice
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Office proficient, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of Salesforce or similar CRM databases
- Working knowledge of Zoom or similar webinar platforms
- Familiarity with foundations and/or social movements
This is an exempt, salaried position.
The salary range for this position is $55,000 to $60,000 per year, with employer-paid or employer-supplemented medical, dental, vision, disability and retirement benefits for you and your dependents. Other benefits will be explained at the time of the interview.
Please follow instructions online at https://ncrp.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=39.