You are mission driven and action oriented. You love to drive toward solutions, and work as a coach to guide teams to accomplish something great. You bring experience and expertise supporting mission-driven organizations to design and implement the structures and systems they need to thrive. Today, you’re looking for a role where you can use those traits to make a real difference in the world by advancing the most important social issues facing humanity today.
If that sounds like you, Arabella Advisors can’t wait to meet you.
The Senior Director of Organizational Design Services will lead consulting engagements focused on organizational design and operational planning for a range of clients, including foundations, family and individual philanthropists, and nonprofits. The Senior Director will lead and oversee project work for the practice, applying their extensive expertise and knowledge to train and coach Arabella’s practitioners and ensure we are meeting a consistently high standard of quality. Additionally, this position will partner closely with the Business Development team to drive and support sales, manage relationships, and represent Arabella in the field. The Senior Director will collaborate with the firm’s leadership to develop and implement a strategy for the practice to achieve key performance indicators, including annual revenue and growth contributions and client impact targets.
Client Services (~40%)
- Oversee the delivery of excellent client service for a portfolio of organizational design and operational planning projects, including managing client relationships, facilitating key client meetings and decision-making processes, ensuring client deliverable quality, and guiding the project team on overall project scope and approach
- Serve as a primary relationship manager and trusted advisor for select clients
- Guide project teams in solving organizational design and operational planning challenges for clients, including adapting services and tools to meet client needs
- Serve as an organizational design and operational planning technical advisor to other practice areas so that they can more seamlessly integrate these services into their scopes of work as needed
Marketing and Business Development (~40%)
- Achieve annual revenue and profitability targets for the practice by partnering with business development and client service leadership to execute a sales strategy
- Partner with the business development and client service leadership to identify viable opportunities to launch new products and services and/or adapt existing services to new and existing markets
- Help build Arabella’s field leadership and visibility, including contributing to thought leadership and representing the firm at conferences and events
Service Development (~20%)
- Design and implement a strategy to achieve outcomes set by executive leadership for the practice
- Develop new and refresh existing models, frameworks and other tools that establish our approach for the practice area and ensure Arabella stays on top of the latest trends in organizational design and the needs of our client segments
- Identify team training needs and work with learning and development staff to train staff, which may include curricula development and/or creation of a community of practice
- Mentor, motivate, and develop client service staff with respect to the practice
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
- Graduate degree or equivalent work experience in relevant field (organizational design, organizational development, change management)
- At least 10 to 12 years of professional experience with steadily increasing job responsibilities
- Organizational design and development expertise; experience leading change management initiatives; operational planning experience strongly preferred
- Experience in professional services
- Experience in philanthropy or the nonprofit sector strongly preferred
- Comfort with sales and relationship management
- Demonstrated commitment to implementing practices that advance diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Ability to navigate a fast-paced environment and balance responding to immediate opportunities with maintaining a strategic, long-term perspective
- Strong emotional intelligence
- Proven ability to work with diverse teams, audiences, and stakeholders, including excellent teamwork, relationship building, customer service, and strong facilitation skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to collaborate effectively with senior and executive leadership
- Ability to navigate ambiguity
Our Core Competencies:
- The ability to provide excellent service, including being able to address complex service matters, implement and communicate service changes to everyone involved, and to coach teammates on how to apply the firm’s service standards
- The ability to manage large-scale and cross-firm projects, including delegating and managing all resources, identifying and implementing improved processes, monitoring consistency across project teams, and providing direction and support to teammates
- The ability to facilitate and negotiate among stakeholders with conflicting needs and to generate consensus among decision makers
- The ability to help effectively communicate difficult messages; to adapt style, tone, and content to meet various needs; and to coach teammates on crafting content
- The ability to work cooperatively and inclusively with others to achieve shared goals, including encouraging and facilitating effective compromise, drawing on the capabilities of all team members, and leading team-level knowledge sharing
- The ability to use available resources and feedback to continually develop mastery in your role and facilitate team and project-level learning, including coaching others
- The ability to solve complex challenges by identifying innovative solutions and facilitating coordination with others
About Arabella Advisors
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists, corporations, and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We work on issues ranging from the social and economic advancement of women and girls, and conservation of our climate and planet, to reducing poverty and inequity in the United States and around the world. Our staff members are mission-driven and action-oriented, and have a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience. The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation.
Working with Us
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, transparent, collaborative, healthy, and fun culture. We invite you to visit our careers website to learn more.
To encourage work/life balance we offer flexible work options. Our office is an open space with cubicles and informal work areas. Our salaries are closer to the range of a nonprofit and our benefits are excellent. You’ll start with three weeks of vacation, 80 hours of personal time, and 20 hours of paid time to volunteer at an organization of your choice. In addition to seven federal holidays, you get to pick four more from a list of inclusive religious holidays and your birthday.
We have a competitive health package that includes medical, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. We also provide funds for professional development, a fitness benefit, and cover part of your personal cell phone plan.
How to apply
Submit a resume and a one-page cover letter online. The cover letter should address why you’re excited to work at Arabella and why you’re qualified for this specific job.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.