We are seeking a passionate, dedicated, experienced and professional fundraising leader to be our Director of Development. As a member of the senior leadership team at Cascade Bicycle Club, the successful candidate will be part of a highly-regarded Northwest institution representing all types of bicycling experiences. We seek an inclusive team player to accelerate the organization’s fundraising success, build a thriving individual giving program and further mobilize our already engaged members, volunteers and Board. This position is split approximately 80% to Cascade Bicycle Club (our c3 charity organization) and 20% to Washington Bikes (our c4 advocacy organization,) and is guaranteed to be incredibly rewarding, with ample room to grow, lead, shine and influence.
The Role of the Senior Director of Development
The Cascade Bicycle Club Senior Director of Development is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the development program, which currently raises approximately $1.4 million out of a budget of over $5.4 million.
The position reports to the Executive Director and will supervise four staff: a Sponsorship Manager, an Events and Stewardship Manager, a Major Gifts Coordinator and a Grants Coordinator. They will work closely with the Executive Director as well as with the 15-member Board of Directors.
Fund Development, Planning and Major Gifts (50%)
- Author and implement a measurable annual development plan to attract and retain a broad base of support from major donors, annual campaign, corporate donors, grantmakers and workplace giving.
- Establish Key Performance Indicators to track and manage Development goals.
- Monitor and evaluate progress toward goals, prepare periodic reports for the board and recommend changes or additions to the plan, as needed.
- Track industry best practices to ensure Cascade is using fresh and updated approaches to fundraising.
- Manage donor data and communications with donor software.
- Major Gifts:
- Create and Lead a targeted plan to identify and qualify major donor leads.
- In collaboration with Executive Director build outstanding relationships with donors and personally solicit major gifts.
- Develop and implement a compelling donor recognition and stewardship program.
Corporate Sponsorship/Partnerships (20%)
- Supervise the Corporate Sponsorship and Partnership activities and grow our connections with the local business community.
- Oversee the successful planning and production of fundraising events, ensuring events are maximized to their full potential. These currently include the Annual Bike Everywhere Breakfast (Seattle) with a goal to expand to Bellevue as well as periodic major donor house parties.
- Identify and support collaborative opportunities to fundraise with other departments within Cascade and partners outside of the organization.
Leadership and Management (15%)
- Supervise the Sponsorship Manager, an Events and Stewardship Manager, Major Gifts Coordinator and a Grants Coordinator and consultants/vendors as appropriate.
- Partner with the Executive Director to set development goals and to thoughtfully manage his involvement in fundraising, particularly major gifts.
- Serve as lead staff liaison to the development committee and board.
- Oversee the ongoing integrity of the donor database (Salesforce) and processing of all gift entries and acknowledgements.
Ideal Candidate Profile
The Senior Director of Development will have a genuine passion for, and connection to, the mission of Cascade Bicycle Club. They will be a seasoned manager, supervisor and team leader with demonstrated ability to motivate and inspire others to accomplish fundraising goals.
As a strategic thinker who can multi-task and prioritize well, the ideal candidate will bring a past history of success developing outstanding relationships with major gift and corporate donors, including expertise in pipeline development and cultivation strategies. Additionally, we seek candidates who have a comprehensive understanding of the programs and systems involved in a broad-based fundraising program, including event management. Past experience in marketing and communications, including social media, online, and print communications is desired. Brand management and public relations experience is a plus.
We seek a highly motivated, resourceful, flexible individual who possesses a positive attitude and sense of humor. Public speaking skills and the ability to communicate ideas with enthusiasm to diverse audiences is essential. We seek candidates who possess a strong understanding of, and commitment to, equity, diversity and inclusion, and the ability to translate that into action through fundraising approaches and strategies.
A Bachelor’s degree (or relevant life experience) and a minimum 5 years of nonprofit experience is required. Experience with database and CRM systems required; Salesforce, Donor Search and MailChimp experience preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time exempt position that reports to the Executive Director. The salary range is $85,000–$95,000, depending on a proven track record in the key areas of responsibility and match with our Ideal Candidate Profile. Due to the large-scale nature of events, and their importance to the fiscal well-being of the organization, staff members are required to work several events a year, a mix of mandatory all-hands events and choice events. This position may also require some evening and weekend work.
Benefits: Why should you work for Cascade?
- Employer sponsored health, dental, vision and life insurance coverage.
- Matching contributions to a 401(k) account.
- Beautiful office on the shores of Lake Washington with easy access to the Burke-Gilman Trail.
- Cash incentive for commuting by bike.
- 12 sick days, 10 vacation days (first year), 2 personal holidays, 10 paid federal holidays, an office-wide winter recess between December 25 and January 1, and comp time/flexible schedule.
- Free entry and guest pass for most Cascade events.
- Fun and passionate co-workers.
- Meaningful work making the state a better place for bicycling.
Apply online here: https://cloversearchworks.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0foaw
Online applications only. Please no email or paper submissions. You will be asked to upload a cover letter and resume. In your cover letter, please describe, as specifically as you can, how your experience and skills are a fit with the goals and requirements of this position as described in this announcement. All applications will be acknowledged via an email receipt and will be held confidentially within the hiring team.
Consideration will be given to applications as soon as they are received. Initial interviewing will begin in early February. We will continue to accept applications until the position has been filled.
This position is subject to reference checks, and the completion of a background check. Cascade Bicycle Club will consider qualified applicants for employment pursuant to the Seattle Fair Chance Employment Ordinance.
The search for this position is being facilitated by Clover Search Works, a search firm that provides a full range of search services to nonprofit organizations in the Pacific Northwest and beyond. Clover Search Works is honored to work with Cascade Bicycle Club to recruit a Senior Director of Development that will provide leadership to realize the organization’s important mission.
Questions regarding this opportunity are welcomed and can be directed to Julie Edsforth of Clover Search Works.
Email: [email protected] Phone: 206.979.0514 www.cloversearchworks.com
Cascade Bicycle Club - Sr Director of Development Opportunity.pdf
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATIONS
Cascade Bicycle Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination. We strongly encourage applications from people who have historically been underrepresented in the bicycle industry, advocacy and nonprofit work.
Employment at Cascade is of an at-will nature. Staffing and support for Washington Bikes is governed by an Administrative Services Agreement between the c3 and c4.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with