The Energy Foundation
Energy Foundation (EF) serves the public interest by building a strong clean energy economy. EF promotes non-partisan policy solutions that advance renewable energy and energy efficiency while opening doors to greater innovation and productivity—growing the economy with dramatically less pollution.
We are a complex, multi-site, multicultural nonprofit organization with big plans for the future. Now into the tenure of a new CEO, EF has embarked on a major strategy refresh, a prioritized commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI), and rapid geographic expansion.
Energy Foundation’s founding office is in San Francisco, CA, with regional offices in Raleigh, NC; Chicago, IL; Washington, DC; and Las Vegas, NV.
- Build and maintain trust-based, productive relationships with the COO and Management Team by providing insightful advice, grounded in functional knowledge-making on to inform strategy and decision on organization-wide HR practices, systems, and culture
- In this role, you will be responsible for all matters related to: employee relations; recruiting, onboarding, and retention; talent development and coaching; performance management; benefits administration; office and facilities management; compensation; and DEI
- Guide EF’s learning journey on how to best serve, include, and support a multi-cultural, multi-site organization ensure that EF’s headquarters, regional, remote, and international offices have the support they need
The Ideal Candidate
- Thorough understanding of HR best practices and track record of success leading HR efforts cross-functionally and culturally in a complex and growing organization
- Experience implementing DEI best practices across the HR lifecycle
- Strong communicator and collaboration who conveys expertise and empathy to staff, ensuring they feel heard and supported without judgement, while building clarity around processes and expectations
- Maintains high degree of integrity, confidentiality, sensitivity, respect, and good judgment
- Demonstrated capability establishing connection and engagement up, down, and across an organization with diverse cultures, workstyles, and needs
- A minimum of 8–10 years’ experience in progressively responsible, hands-on HR generalist roles
- Ideally, work experience includes HR leadership roles in some combination of philanthropic, nonprofit, NGO, and/or related experience in social purpose companies, the private sector, or government
- Certifications such as PHR, SPHR, GPHR, SHRM-CP, or SCP are valued
To view the full position profile, please visit the following link: https://waldronhr.com/searches/energy-foundation-sd-hr
To Be Considered
Energy Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. To be considered, please go to Waldron’s Candidate Portal and submit your resume and a cover letter expressing your passion for the mission and fit for the role: http://bit.ly/ef-sd-hr