Under minimal supervision of the Contracts and Compliance Manager, this person will assist with providing cradle-to-grave contractual support to the organization. This includes conducting pre-award solicitation review activities, maintain responsibility for developing, negotiating, and administering highly complex and high-risk contracts, drafting contractual correspondence, contracts and grants record keeping, filing, database management.
- Support the contract proposal review process including risk mitigation and performance gap review of RFPs.
- Draft unique partnering or teaming arrangements, including joint ventures, consortiums alliances, etc.
- Process contract requests by reviewing for accuracy and completeness, routing and tracking internal approvals in accordance with organizational policies and procedures.
- Draft, review, negotiate and execute a wide variety of contractual documents, such as contracts, grants, subcontracts/subawards, memoranda of understanding, consulting agreements, and data sharing agreements for programs funded by federal, state direct service and associations, and private sponsors on a varied portfolio of cost reimbursement, fixed price, cost-plus-fixed-fee, time and materials, labor rate.
- Review terms and conditions proposed by customers, incorporate Company preferred contractual positions, and secure required approvals prior to execution of documents. Can negotiate changes within prescribed corporate guidelines.
- Review of contracts supporting documents (e.g. SOW’s, budget’s, payment schedules).
- Update and maintain records in compliance with contractual requirements and organizational policies and procedures including; certificates of insurance, audit reports, supporting documentation and forms.
- Contribute to drafting, preparing, and planning contracts training tools.
- Keep up-to-date on new laws, and communicate internally potential impact on organizational goals and objectives.
- Support the development and implementation of Contracts and Compliance policies and procedures.
- Schedule and participate in contracts meetings and trainings.
- Perform additional contracts support tasks as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree and 6 - 7 years of relevant experience required. Experience working with the federal government, GSA Schedules, and pre-award activities is required. Experience working with research organizations a plus. Microsoft Office Suite: advanced knowledge in Word, Excel, and Power Point required. Excellent verbal and written communication and negotiation skills. Strong organization skills, attention to detail, problem solving and trouble shooting skills (monitor, identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve) and the ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. Self-starter, with the ability to work independently and collaboratively across departments. Ability to maintain effective working relationships with internal clients.
How to Apply
Please follow instructions to apply online here: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=70c1bbee-a65c-4b42-bb04-9dcb8a73868a&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=307691&source=CC3&lang=en_US
Child Trends, founded in 1979, is a nonprofit, nonpartisan research organization dedicated to improving the lives of children by conducting research and providing science-based information to improve the decisions, programs, and policies that affect children. With annual revenue of $23 million and 192 employees, our clients include federal, state and local government agencies, foundations, and service providers. Our headquarters is located in Bethesda, Maryland, with offices in Minneapolis and Chapel Hill, North Carolina. In 2018, we were recognized as a Great Place to Work Opens in New Windowfor Women, Best Workplace in Consulting & Professional Service and Best Small & Medium Workplace Opens in New Window.
Child Trends is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer Opens in New Window. Protected veterans and individuals with disability encouraged to apply.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with