FSG is a mission-driven consulting firm. We are experienced advisors to corporate, foundation, and nonprofit/NGO leaders. Through our combination of customized consulting services, powerful insights, and ground-breaking initiatives, we help clients around the world create social impact.
FSG’s collaborative approach combines rigorous data analysis with facilitation and a passion for impact. We help companies design social impact strategies that strengthen their businesses, and we help funders and nonprofits develop and evaluate strategies that advance their missions. We’ve worked with clients such as the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, General Mills, Kaiser Permanente, and the Global Fund for Women to create social impact in health, economic development, education, and more.
Senior Consultant (Boston, San Francisco, Seattle, or Washington, D.C.)
Are you a highly motivated, data-driven, creative problem solver? Join FSG’s consulting team to collaborate with clients across a range of sectors who are working to address complex social problems to produce equitable outcomes at scale.
Senior Consultants are integral members of our consulting team and work on client projects across a variety of issues including: economic development, education, global development, global health, and community development. Senior Consultants start as individual contributors in a “case team member” role and work toward becoming a “case team leader” over time during the course of their tenure as a Senior Consultant.
FSG is offering start dates in early 2020 to all accepted candidates, as well as late summer / early fall 2020 to those currently completing graduate programs.
You would spend the majority of your time on client projects. You would have the opportunity to work across FSG’s different approaches, areas of focus, and client segments.
Serve on client projects as a team member
- Conduct and synthesize research in an accurate, thorough, and timely manner and develop and adapt research plans as needed
- Design surveys and interview guides that are efficient, effective, and appropriate given relevant cultural and power dynamics; facilitate interviews with clients and stakeholders
- Lead rigorous and accurate qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Translate findings into creative, data-based insights and client recommendations
- Communicate perspectives and ideas to team members, clients, and additional stakeholders in clear, concise, and compelling ways
- Collaborate with team members by giving and receiving feedback; provide coaching and mentorship to teammates as needed
- When needed, assist with project logistics and coordination
Contribute to other aspects of the firm’s development
- Support the creation of articles, publications, and blog posts through research, writing, and editing
- Assist with research and proposal writing for business development efforts as needed
- Contribute to FSG’s culture including creating an inclusive work environment
- 4 – 7 years of strategy consulting or similarly relevant work experience (e.g., conducting research and data analysis to develop structured and compelling strategic recommendations and facilitating conversations with clients and stakeholders)
- Graduate degree or final year graduate student (e.g., MBA, MPA, MPH, MPP, or other relevant degree) preferred; demonstration of analytical and quantitative coursework
- Extensive experience with primary and secondary research; experience gathering data including perspectives of people more directly impacted by a particular social issue
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with demonstrated ability to translate findings into clear and meaningful recommendations; experience considering how solutions may impact a range of stakeholders, including commonly marginalized communities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with exceptional attention to detail; ability to convey a point of view in a concise and structured way; inclusive and culturally appropriate presentation and group facilitation experience
- Passion for social change, and clear interest in working in the social sector
- Experience applying equity and inclusion principles (e.g. disaggregating data, addressing disparities between populations, identifying targeted strategies based on varying assets/needs, and/or designing culturally appropriate interview guides, etc.)
- Strong time management and project planning skills; ability to multitask and work quickly and efficiently to meet project and client deadlines
- Advanced proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel; ability to create charts/graphs to influence audiences to action through storytelling and data
- Deep interest in one or more of FSG’s primary approaches (catalytic philanthropy, collective impact, shared value, systems change) and exposure or experience in one or more of the following issue areas is a plus (education, economic mobility, health, and/or development)
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously as well as collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally 20-30% of the time (travel requirement varies by project)
Position: Senior Consultant positions are available in FSG’s Boston, San Francisco, Seattle and Washington, D.C. offices. This is a full-time role. We offer a competitive and equitable compensation package with the goal of attracting and retaining exceptional people. Salary bands are set according to an explicit compensation policy, and relevant market data is analyzed when setting bands for each role. We also offer a generous benefits package including: health insurance with 100% of premiums covered by FSG, 3 weeks paid vacation, a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match, cell phone stipend, disability and life insurance, and more.
The Senior Consultant position offers opportunity for advancement, pending performance, to the following roles within FSG’s consulting team: Associate Director, Director, and Managing Director.
Note: Visa sponsorship is not available for our US offices. In addition, we are unable to support the OPT Training Visa, as this visa will eventually require sponsorship.
Please submit a cover letter and your resume here.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Equal Opportunity Employer: As an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to equal employment and promotion opportunity regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with