The California Community Foundation (CCF) is a public, charitable organization serving Los Angeles County in multiple capacities since 1915. We encourage philanthropy by individuals, families, companies and organizations, and serve as a trusted steward of their charitable funds and legacies. We make grants and collaborate with nonprofits in specific areas, and concentrate attention and resources on the needs of the most vulnerable individuals and groups in the community. CCF convenes and engages nonprofit, private and public sector partners to increase philanthropy and incorporate philanthropists into community problem-solving in Los Angeles.
CCF is a dynamic environment that values individuals who want a purpose more than a position. We have a diverse and talented team of experienced and passionate advocates for our community. We are a learning organization driven by the idea that continuous improvement furthers professional development and increases our ability to effect positive change. We seek individuals who thrive in a fast-paced setting highly focused on results and impact.
CCF is hiring a Senior Accounting Analyst, reporting to the Vice President of Finance. The Senior Accounting Analyst is responsible for the preparation and analysis of California Community Foundation’s (CCF) financial statements, review of investment account activities, and fund management.
- Accounting: Prepare financial statements. Prepare financial reports for CCF leadership and Board of Directors. Assist Accounting Manager with complex transaction review and posting. Assist with implementation of new accounting standards. Cross-train as back-up to accountants and investment analyst.
- Investments: Lead investment portfolio management automation project. Assist with investment accounting and administration, including administration of separately managed accounts. Coordinate receipt and liquidation of complex assets such as real estate and closely held business interests.
- Financial Analysis: Perform financial analysis such as product-line income statements, management fee analysis, and charitable remainder trust & gift annuity analysis. Work with IT, finance, and other departments on information systems analysis and technology-enabled efficiency improvements.
- Taxation: Assist with Form 990 and 990-T tax return preparation for CCF and supporting organizations, including analysis of partnership income, UBIT, and net operating loss carryforwards.
- Internal controls: Design, document, and monitor internal control procedures.
- Key Donor Relations Support: Assist Finance and DDR with ad-hoc reporting and administration for key donors and complex asset contributions and sales.
- Audit: Prepare financial statements, disclosures, and audit schedules for CCF’s year-end financial audit. Assist with implementation of new accounting standards and with accounting for complex transactions.
- Risk Management: Administer CCF insurance program including broker relations and renewals.
- Special Projects: Participates in special projects in cooperation with the Accounting Manager, Director-Grants Management, Investments Director, VP Finance, Chief Financial Officer, and others. Updates sections of the Policies and Procedures Manual.
- General: As appropriate, assists other departments and works as a member of interdepartmental teams to ensure the effective and efficient operations of CCF. At all times, demonstrates cooperative behavior with supervisors and coworkers. Other duties as assigned, dependent on organizational needs and employee skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function assigned satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience: 5+ years experience in the field of accounting or finance required. Experience in accounting, internal controls, budgeting, investments, information systems, and nonprofit sector is preferred.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Credentials: CPA strongly preferred; CFA a plus
- Communication Skills: Superior interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Technology Skills: Computer literacy, including excellent processing experience, and excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office software. Working knowledge of Blackbaud software preferred, with a willingness and ability to learn appropriate database, spreadsheet and other computer programs.
- Organizational Skills: Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to prioritize work effectively and adjust to multiple demands.
- Team Work & General Skills: Ability to follow directions. Ability to work well independently and as team member. Ability to take initiative and follow tasks through to completion.
- Requires the ability to sit and work at a desk for several hours at a time.
- Requires the ability to travel and attend meetings, presentations and events outside the office, which may require occasional use of a motor vehicle for transportation to other locations.
- Work may require occasional weekends and/or extended work day.
- Punctuality and satisfactory attendance are essential functions of the job.
This is a regular, full-time, exempt position. Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications. A generous benefit package is provided to all full-time staff, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, parking or transportation, and retirement benefits.
How to Apply:
To apply to this position, please visit our website at www.calfund.org and select “Careers” or go to http://www.recruitingcenter.net/clients/calfund/publicjobs
CCF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees, and we make employment decisions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, gender expression, age or any other protected status. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with