About the Position
SkyWater Search Partners has been fully retained on an exciting Accounting opportunity with a private foundation headquartered in St. Paul, MN. The Bush Foundation (https://www.bushfoundation.org/) is an organization that has invested more than $1B dollars in grants to thousands of people and organizations across Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota and the 23 Native nations that share the same geography. This is an amazing organization that invests in great ideas and the people who power them.
The Bush Foundation is looking for a Senior Accountant/Accounting Manager to play an integral part of the Foundation’s 5-person Finance and Investment team. If you would like to learn more about this position, the Bush Foundation is hosting a live webinar that will be recorded Thursday, December 12th at 12pm. Click the link to register – https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/4459578883655580427.
For more information or immediate consideration email Lindsay Dubbeldee at LDubbeldee@skywatersearch.com, or apply online at https://www.skywatersearch.com/my-jobs/senior-accountant-35994/ to be considered. Application period closes January 6, 2020.
- Maintain the general ledger, process journal entries, and reconcile ledger and bank accounts.
- Process accounts payable, including cash transfers to fund payments.
- Assist Controller and CFO with budget and financial statement preparation and analyses for management.
- Maintain accounting and fixed asset records according to Foundation records retention and IRS guidelines.
Payroll and Benefits
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll and manage related annual tax reporting.
- Administer employee benefit plan enrollments and benefit vendor payments including retirement contributions.
- Serve as resource to staff for benefits questions and work closely with Talent Development team to develop and explain policy related to employee benefits.
- Maintain salary and benefits portions of personnel records and process employee hiring and termination records.
External Audit and Taxes
- Prepare schedules for external auditors.
- Prepare schedules for tax accountants for annual filing of Foundation returns and manage quarterly tax estimate payments.
- Actively demonstrate core organizational values in performing all duties.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in a comprehensive accounting role, preferably in a non-profit or public organization. We expect that an accounting degree is required in order to excel in this job but are willing to consider applicants without a relevant degree if they have additional experience. Advanced certification or preparation such as a CPA/CMA would be a plus.
- Ability to work at both conceptual and detailed levels, and to manage multiple projects concurrently and independently.
- Private foundation accounting experience preferred.
- Strong relationship and collaboration skills, with experience engaging a broad and varied group of people, and comfort working at all levels of organizations.
- Demonstrated skill and enthusiasm for translating technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Committed to the highest levels of discretion, confidentiality and customer service.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office and working knowledge of accounting software.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact, communicate, and collaborate with people from a wide range of cultural backgrounds.
About Bush Foundation – Our Values
Spread Optimism. We encourage individuals and organizations to think bigger and think differently about what is possible. We are positive and supportive in our internal and external interactions.
Work Beyond Ourselves. We actively seek opportunities to work in true collaboration with others to have more impact. We are willing to both lead and follow. We candidly share what we learn with others.
Everybody Matters. We are a champion for both excellence and equity inside and out of the Foundation. We have fair, open and inclusive processes. We work to raise overall quality of life while also closing opportunity and achievement gaps.
Steward Well. We demonstrate appreciation for the Foundation’s history and thoughtfully build on its legacy. We hold ourselves to high standards of integrity and accountability and conduct ourselves in a way that we hope would make our founders proud.
More Good. Every Year. We are a true learning organization and work to be smarter and more effective every year. We never lose sight of the reason we exist: to do the most possible good with the resources left to the community by Archibald G. Bush.