Possibly remote position with travel to Boston, MA for the right person
Commongood Careers was founded by nonprofit professionals to provide recruiting and search services to high-impact nonprofit organizations and socially driven businesses. Having recently celebrated our 10 year anniversary, our purpose remains the same it has always been, to support the talent and hiring needs of organizations that are dedicated to tackling today’s most pressing social problems. Because of our clients’ ambitious goals, we work hard to ensure that they are able to secure the exceptional talent they need quickly to create even greater social impact.
Commongood Careers provides retained search services for positions at all levels of an organizational chart and across all functional areas. Using our rigorous search model and vast and growing network, Commongood Careers has placed close to 800 talented professionals into exciting positions in almost 300 organizations nationally, such as Tipping Point Community, Summer Search, City Year, Net Impact, Partners in Health, Center for Effective Philanthropy, Third Sector Capital Partners, Health Care Without Harm, Upwardly Global, and Primary Care Development Corporation.
Just as Commongood Careers is passionate about connecting great talent to amazing organizations, we are equally passionate about building, supporting, and challenging our own outstanding team. Grounded in our organizational values of purpose, diversity, respect, accountability, innovation, and fun, the culture of Commongood Careers is most often described as fast-paced, mission-driven, collegial, team-oriented, and innovative. Learn more about our results and our team.
For this critical position, we are seeking a results-oriented and mission-driven professional to manage the recruiting and hiring process for some of the most effective and innovative nonprofit organizations in the country. Managing a portfolio of diverse searches, the Search Consultant will serve as primary project manager, working externally with clients and jobseekers as well as internally with Recruitment Managers and organizational leadership to collectively ensure each search maintains a strong pipeline of candidates, and that our client organizations are receiving the strongest, most effective services.
Search Consultants will be responsible for achieving the following key results:
- At any given time, directly manage a portfolio of 5-7 searches
- Achieve 100% successful placement rates utilizing exceptional networking, assessment and client service skills while closely collaborating with the Recruitment Team to generate robust candidate pipelines
- Maintain a high level of client satisfaction across all searches
- Contribute to the ongoing growth and development of Commongood Careers through the building and refining of search tools, processes and other best practices
- Serve as an internal ambassador of our organizational culture, contributing to a positive, respectful and fun work environment
- Serve as the project manager of each search in your portfolio, working in close collaboration with a member of the Recruitment Team in order to develop and execute effective search strategies
- Serve as a thought partner with clients in order to design and streamline their internal hiring processes, through sharing resources and best practices
- Partner with Recruitment Team members to oversee efforts to source and engage a pipeline of compelling candidates for open positions
- Utilize analytic skills to assess promising candidates, both in resume review and interview stages
- Utilize interpersonal and relationship-building skills to cultivate strong client relationships that are based on trust, communication and high levels of customer service
- Work collaboratively with the Commongood Careers team to lead and/or participate in other organizational projects to enhance the overall effectiveness of our service model and delivery
- For every search, conduct thorough client research and organizational assessments, create compelling job postings, identify and codify ideal candidate profiles and tools to support screening and assessment
- Continuously assess search progress through data collection, client feedback, and internal strategy sessions, and revise strategies as needed to close searches successfully and efficiently
- Operate with a sense of urgency and accountability for providing clients with timely and high quality deliverables
- At least 5 years of work experience, in a high impact nonprofit and/or socially-driven business; experience working in the field of recruiting, search and/or talent management is preferred, but not required
- Strong project management skills with experience working across internal departments and externally with partners or clients
- Belief in the power of people to drive an organization’s mission forward and the desire to connect top talent with high-impact organizations
- Proven ability to effectively manage diverse stakeholders by providing outstanding customer service, setting expectations, being an effective communicator, and serving as an experienced thought partner
- Confidence in self-initiating and self-directing workflow; thrives on managing multiple high-priority projects simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to take into account multiple pieces of information and utilize analytical writing skills in order to provide stakeholders with clear and concise assessments and recommendations
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and professional judgment; ability to operate with flexibility and a sense of urgency when making decisions based on the needs of clients
- Ability to balance serving as a strategic thought partner with stakeholders, while also embracing the routine tasks and details associated with complex projects
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
Please upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity, both in Word or PDF format to Allyson Biegeleisen, Vice President, utilizing this link:
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
An equal opportunity employer, Commongood Careers values a diversity of experiences and opinions throughout its work and encourages individuals from all backgrounds to apply for this role.