Character Lab is looking for a School Partnerships Manager. Reporting to the Director of School Partnerships, the School Partnerships Manager will work closely with teachers and administrators to make the school-based research process fast, frictionless, and fruitful.
We especially encourage applicants who identify as Black, Latinx, or Native American to apply for this position. This is an exciting opportunity for a results-oriented, innovative professional to have a tremendous impact by cultivating relationships with schools and by developing and coordinating systems for conducting research.
The School Partnerships Manager will execute multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to varied timelines. They will create systems for research activities in schools (e.g., student and teacher interviews, teacher surveys, classroom studies), improve our processes to increase efficiency, present at conferences, plan events for school partners, and recruit and onboard new districts.
We are looking for an individual who has a track record of effectively delivering content to other professionals, has demonstrated leadership experience, is interested in the scientific research process, and has an understanding of the complexity of working with schools. The right candidate embraces building strong relationships and will thrive within our small and dynamic team.
About Character Lab
Founded in 2013 by two educators (Dave Levin and Dominic Randolph) and one scientist (Angela Duckworth), Character Lab is a nonprofit dedicated to advancing scientific insights that help kids thrive. By connecting researchers with educators, Character Lab seeks to create greater knowledge about the conditions that lead to social, emotional, academic, and physical well-being for young people throughout the country. To learn more, go to www.characterlab.org.
Our culture is both challenging (we’re never done improving) and supportive (one of our core values is excessive generosity). To learn more, read our Culture Book.
- Foster strong relationships with both potential and current school partners
- Create operational procedures for different types of research activities at schools
- Support the School Partnerships team in improving processes and systems for school partners
- Work directly with on-site school research leads to facilitate research efforts and troubleshoot as needed
- Lead presentations to current and potential school partners
- Plan events for current and potential school partners
- Travel to meet with current and potential school partners on-site at least once a month
- Help recruit and onboard new school partners
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 4+ years relevant work experience, including working with educators/schools
- Passionate about school-based psychology research supporting student emotional, physical, social, and academic well-being
- Experience with research methods is a plus
- Highly effective interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strong analytical thinking
- Ability to work with abstract ideas and synthesize information
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent leadership skills
- Fierce work ethic and sense of purpose, with the ability to work collectively as part of a dynamic start-up
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
- Prolonged and irregular hours of duty, as necessary
- Some light-to-medium level of manual labor (e.g., preparing mailings, moving boxes of materials)
- Travel for work-related responsibilities and needs (once safe travel can resume)
Character Lab has a Remote-First policy, which means that we fully support employees working remotely from any U.S. location. Employees decide whether to work remotely or on-site at our office headquarters in Philadelphia.
Character Lab strives to ensure our culture and operations support all staff equitably. We support effective office environments for all staff, whether in our headquarters, a local coworking space, or a home office.
Character Lab is an equal opportunity employer and encourages a diverse pool of candidates to apply. We accept applications on a rolling basis. Please submit a compelling cover letter with your resume. Please send materials here: email@example.com
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive salary is commensurate with an individual’s experience and skills. All full-time employees receive a comprehensive benefits package.
Operations & Hiring During Coronavirus
We share your concern about COVID-19 and its impact on our greater community. This is an evolving public health situation that Character Lab is actively monitoring. We are following the guidance of the CDC and local public health departments. As such, our team has shifted to working from home and we are conducting all of our interviews virtually. We are committed to working with all candidates throughout the interview process who may need reasonable accommodations, including those who may need support with virtual technology.