Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) is the nation’s largest organization exclusively representing the publicly-supported Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and Predominantly Black Institutions (PBIs). The Scholarships Program Consultant is responsible for overall data management, reporting, managing students and mentors, and ensuring the application process operates efficiently. The Scholarships Program Consultant will support the scholarship team in offering financial aid assistance, emergency scholarships, and providing wrap-around support to our member school students. The Scholarships Program Consultant will operate on the following tactical pillars: scholarship development, implementation, reporting, and evaluation.
- Support the Director, Scholarships and the team in day-to-day scholarship administration including but not limited to the following:
- Maintain regular production communication with the scholarship team via email, phone and Google Hangout
- Provide a high level of administrative support for all aspects of the scholarship team
- Enter all scholarship disbursements in the organization’s financial system
- Monitor and track assigned scholarships through the scholarship process
- Serve as the first line of contact for telephone and electronic communication with students, parents, academic institutions, alumni and other inquirers regarding scholarships, while demonstrating a high degree of professionalism.
- Develop and maintain annual scholarship calendar for each academic year, which will include key report dates and deadlines
- Identify and implement improvements in job-related processes
- Assist the Director, Scholarships by maintaining scholarship accounts and funding reviews for the Annual and President’s Reports; organizing, planning and supporting activities associated with scholarships, related timelines, funding limitations and priorities; and coordinating, tracking and mailing all scholarship disbursements to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of scholarship disbursements.
- Ensure selected students meet all scholarship requirements throughout the academic year(s).
- Maintain the scholarship databases, including scholarship allocations, check request, and tracking student status, and ensure timely processing of scholarship award payments.
- Collecting, analyzing, and organizing data for annual reporting.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- The desired candidate shall report to the office Tuesday through Thursday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, and adhere to the operational and attendance procedures of the TMCF Office
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be necessary as circumstances require
- Travel required: 25% Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out of the area travel and overnight may be expected
- Maintain strict confidentiality of employee data, business activities, other confidential and proprietary information, etc.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and rapport with members of the Scholarships team, other TMCF employees and External Customers
- Must be fluent in G-Suite applications
- Prospective candidates may hold outside employment and be involved in outside ventures, provided that they continue to meet the performance standards of their position with TMCF during core working hours
- Ability to lift 15 pounds
- 3+ years of experience working in client management or operations role
- Advanced computer skills and technology experience, including with Microsoft Office Suite and G-Suite
- Excellent communication skills that demonstrate a high level of professionalism
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, with attention to detail and ability to multi-task effectively
- Ability to think creatively and pragmatically to develop viable solutions for the scholarship team and our internal customers
- Ability to manage through technology systems and standard processes to address team needs
Employee Type: Contract Consultant (This position can lead to full-time employment)
Compensation: Consultant fee up to $3,461.53 monthly
Start Date: June 24, 2019
Manages Others: No
Report To: Director, Scholarships