You are mission driven and action oriented. You love to get involved, and work as part of a team to accomplish something great. Any job is your job if it helps the team succeed, and you thrive on variety. Today, you’re looking for a role where you can use those traits to make a real difference in the world by advancing the most important social issues facing humanity today.
If that sounds like you, Arabella Advisors can’t wait to meet you.
Due to company growth, Arabella Advisors seeks a dynamic and enthusiastic individual to join our Corporate Finance team. The position reports to the Controller and will be responsible for operational and technical duties associated with the revenue function. The right candidate will have a strong understanding of accounting principles, excellent analytical skills and a customer service mindset.
- Manage the contract review process including evaluation of revenue recognition treatment
- Direct the monthly revenue close process including review of transactions, journal entries and accrued and deferred revenue reconciliations
- Ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Serve as liaison to client service and sales enablement teams for revenue recognition reporting, guidance and training
- Oversee implementation of ASC 606
- Manage and develop revenue accountants
- Provide support for annual audit
- Continuously review, improve and implement processes and procedures
- Partner with Controller on special projects
To be successful in this role you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and minimum of five years of relevant professional experience
- Solid understanding of GAAP and revenue recognition
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Prior experience as a supervisor
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and meet a constant stream of deadlines
- Highly detailed and organized
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Excel
Other Highly Preferred Skills and Experience
- CPA or CPA track
- Working knowledge of Great Plains Dynamics
Our Core Competencies
- Ability to provide excellent service to clients, including being able to diagnose and anticipate difficult service challenges, provide proactive and effective client-centered solutions, pass along service lessons to teammates, and demonstrate a strong understanding of the client’s perspective
- The ability to effectively manage projects, proactively problem solve, and ensure quality control
- A high level of emotional intelligence and the ability to use that intelligence to appropriately adapt to stakeholders’ needs
- The ability to effectively help communicate complex and nuanced messages to a variety of audiences, including adapting style, tone and content to meet various needs
- The ability to work cooperatively and inclusively with others to achieve shared goals, including supporting efforts that promote a safe and welcoming culture, providing timely and constructive feedback, and highlighting and sharing significant and new knowledge across the team
- The ability to use available resources and feedback to continually develop mastery in your role and facilitate team learning, including a willingness to request feedback and incorporate it to improve individual performance and to seek out and participate in career-relevant learning activities
- The ability to take ownership and be creative and solutions-oriented when encountering challenges that don’t have obvious answers, including the ability to solve challenges independently
About Arabella Advisors
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We work on issues ranging from the social and economic advancement of women and girls, and conservation of our climate and planet, to reducing poverty and inequity in the United States and around the world. Our staff members are mission-driven and action-oriented, and have a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience. The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation.
Working with Us
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, transparent, collaborative, healthy, and fun culture. We invite you to visit our careers website to learn more.
To encourage work/life balance we offer flexible work options. Our office is an open space with cubicles and standing desks and informal work areas. Our salaries are closer to the range of a nonprofit and our benefits are excellent. You’ll start with three weeks of vacation, 80 hours of personal time, and 20 hours of paid time to volunteer at an organization of your choice. In addition to seven federal holidays, you get to pick four more from a list of inclusive religious holidays and your birthday.
We have a competitive health package that includes medical, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. We also provide funds for professional development, a fitness benefit, and cover part of your personal cell phone plan.
How to Apply
Submit a resume and a one-page cover online here. The cover letter should address why you’re excited to work at Arabella and why you’re qualified for this specific job.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with