Rockwood Leadership Institute
Rockwood Leadership Institute builds powerful networks of social change leaders through transformative leadership programs, practices, and resources to create a more just, sustainable, and equitable world.
Rockwood does not do 'business as usual.' Our commitment to our values influences every aspect of our organization—what we do and how we do it.
Rockwood’s core values include:
- Radical inclusion
- Relationship before task
- Giving and receiving direct feedback
- Kindness over niceness
- Leading from purpose, individually and as an organization
ABOUT THE JOB
At any given time, Rockwood is in conversation with hundreds of current and potential partners—from foundation program officers, senior nonprofit executives, program managers at partner organizations, and Rockwood alums. You’ll support the fundraising, partnership, and business development teams to track these relationships and provide the database support and written reports necessary to keep the department running smoothly.
You’ll report directly to the Director of Strategic Initiatives and work in close collaboration with Rockwood’s Senior Resource Manager, President, and Chief Executive Officer.
Activities will include: supporting the day-to-day operations of the Resource Department, building and populating a system for tracking contacts with a cross-functional team, driving the production and completion of written reports (in conjunction with program and finance staff), editing proposals, and coordinating communications and solicitations.
Our ideal candidate has 1-3 years of professional experience, delights in systems and details, and is passionate about resource development.
What You’ll Do
- Assist the Senior Resource Manager and Director of Strategic Initiatives to ensure progress in all foundation grant goals
- Provide support to partnership and business development initiatives as needed
- Serve as the primary producer of foundation reports by working with program and finance staff to write, edit, and submit reports
- Support the Senior Resource Manager in editing and submitting foundation proposals, reports, and concept papers
- Prospect for new funders, prepare briefing materials for funder meetings, and attend funder meetings as needed
- Coordinate the production of individual donor appeals and communications through paper mail and e-mail, including an annual major donor campaign
- Produce acknowledgement letters for donations
- Draft correspondence to funders and donors
- Maintain grant calendars to ensure all reports and proposals are submitted on time
- Develop and maintain administrative and filing systems for grant and donation tracking
- Serve as a Salesforce “expert user”
- Develop and maintain a system within Rockwood’s Salesforce application for tracking foundation and business development relationships, histories, leads, opportunities, and next steps
- Track and process all foundation grants and donor gifts in database
- Update and maintain donor and foundation information in the database
- Maintain funder reporting calendar
- Produce reports
- Maintain partnership information in database as needed
Who You Are
- An organizational expert with exquisite attention to detail
- A personal productivity geek—you love calendars, task lists, and tracking systems
- An articulate writer who finds joy in producing impeccable documents
- A motivated self-starter who can relax into a dynamic, flexible workload
- An optimistic and positive team player
- A dependable member of the team—you’ll learn to anticipate the needs of the department
What You’ll Need
- 1-3 years of professional experience supporting a small to medium-sized nonprofit organization or other office-based business
- Demonstrated proficiency in the technology required for the role: Salesforce, another CRM database, or donor management database required, as well as Microsoft Office Suite
- Exceptional writing skills—you’ll be able to translate the results of our programs into compelling and concise language
- Impeccable editing and proofing skills—you won’t have any mistakes on your resume or cover letter, and you’ll know why that matters
- Desire to work within a very diverse workplace and to relate to a broad spectrum of people outside of Rockwood
- Passion for fundraising, philanthropy, and/or nonprofit management
Please submit a cover letter with your interest in our organization and this position, a brief professional writing sample, and your resume to email@example.com by Monday, January 9, 2016. We are conducting a rolling review of all applications so the sooner you submit, the sooner we’ll get to know you!
The salary range for this position is $40,000 – $50,000 based on experience. Rockwood offers a 32-hour full-time Monday - Thursday workweek and a competitive benefits package.
Rockwood Leadership Institute is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. In accordance with applicable law, Rockwood prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local laws.
People of color, people with disabilities, people of all gender identities, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.