Team: PBS Foundation
Location: Arlington, VA
The PBS Foundation provides philanthropic support on behalf of the Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) and its member stations. In supporting PBS, the PBS Foundation seeks private funds from individuals, foundations, and corporations for priority initiatives and carries out such activities as prospect identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and donor stewardship; generation of proposals; grants management; and management of the Foundation’s Board of Directors.
Reporting to the Foundation’s Senior Director of Donor Research and Prospect Management and working closely with PBSF staff, the Prospect Research and Development Manager is responsible for providing research on donors and prospective donors and completing data analysis to support donor cultivation strategies. The manager oversees a portfolio of research and prospect management projects to support the cultivation and solicitation of donors.
Essential duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Researches and analyzes biographical, professional, philanthropic, and financial information on donors and prospects including capacity ratings, philanthropic interests, connections to PBS, and any other information that supports the cultivation and solicitation of donors and prospects.
- Synthesizes large amounts of data into concise briefings, profiles, bios, and other documents.
- Initiates proactive research to identify new prospects from outside the existing donor pool.
- Analyzes wealth screening results and uses them to segment prospects and create reports and follow up strategies.
- Provides training and advice on research methods and sources to colleagues.
- Uses CRM as well as other tools to provide detailed descriptive reports on the prospect pool including donor ratings, prospect stages, and other information relevant to prospect cultivation and solicitation.
- Analyzes CRM reports to make recommendations about fundraiser portfolios, prospect strategies, and moves management.
- Conducts portfolio analyses and participates in prospect strategy meetings with frontline fundraisers. Presents research findings as they relate to prospect strategy.
Requirements for success:
- At least 5 years of experience in Development in a non-profit and/or educational institution.
- At least 3 years prospect research and writing experience for major gifts fundraising including experience writing for a leadership audience and identifying new prospects from outside the existing donor pool.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required.
- Experience using data to advise fundraisers on prospect strategy.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal skills (including editing and proofreading).
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to synthesize data as well as try new approaches and explore new sources.
- Ability to proactively organize and prioritize work, resolve problems, and simultaneously manage multiple priorities to ensure goals and deadlines are met.
- Meticulous attention to detail, particularly with names, financial data, and biographical details. Ability to double-check one’s own work for accuracy and quality.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities.
- Consistently demonstrated respect for inclusion, diversity, and ethics.
- Ability to handle confidential and highly sensitive information appropriately and adhere to professional ethics.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Proficiency using research databases such as Lexis-Nexis for Development Professionals, DonorSearch, WealthEngine, iWave, RelSci, ResearchPoint, Factiva, etc.
- Experience with data analytics preferred.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities
Please apply online: https://jobapply.page.link/5iLB