Founded in 1951, the Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world's toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. We are tackling climate change, conserving lands, waters and oceans at unprecedented scale, providing food and water sustainably and helping make cities more sustainable. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we strive for a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 72 countries, including all 50 United States, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
Become a force for nature and healthy planet by joining our team! We are looking for a motivated, eager, and positive person to join our team. To be successful and happy in this position, the candidate needs to have confidence in decision making and problem solving, have flexibility, and handle multiple projects at the same time. We value collaborative approaches, diverse perspectives, and encourage innovative ideas and recommendations.
About the Position
The Prospect Development Data Analyst will work towards meeting the strategic priorities of the Prospect Development team by developing and coordinating tactics for modeling and identifying prospects at the major gift level and above. This will be accomplished by completing and organizing diverse tasks and projects. S/he will manage, track and report on key data related to Prospect Development’s scope and priorities. S/he will provide advice, recommendations, and training related to modeling and prospect identification. The analyst must have advanced knowledge of the systems and resources utilized by the team in order to provide programmatic support and coordinate communications related to the resources. The role may require substantial contact with stakeholders, and s/he will serve as the lead liaison with other business units within the organization regarding prospect identification. S/he takes on additional duties to enhance the work of the team. Such duties may include, but are not limited to, leading training initiatives, developing documentation, and/or enhancing the systems and tools used by the team. The analyst will keep up-to-date on market trends and best practices in order to improve services. The ideal candidate will have skills in data science and be able to apply those in a non-profit environment.
· Bachelor’s degree and 3 years related experience or equivalent combination.
· Experience generating reports, analyzing and interpreting data; creating and maintaining documentation
· Experience managing and implementing multiple projects.
· Experience working with cross-functional teams.
· Experience, coursework, or other training in principles of data analysis as applicable to prospect identification and related systems.
· Experience with relational databases such as MS Access
· Experience manipulating relational data within a database and spreadsheet application.
· Experience with current technology of on-line screening databases and most Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
· Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience are appreciated.
· Ability to implement complex processes.
· Demonstrated experience using diplomacy and tact to build strong relationships and motivate staff.
· Experience interpreting guidelines to achieve desired results.
· Experience creating short training demonstration videos.
· Knowledge of a statistical software tools (SAS, R, Python, or similar) and concepts of predictive analytics such as regression analysis and creating predictive models.
· Experience with data visualization software such as MS Power BI, Tableau, Advizor, etc.
· Experience with SQL and data warehousing tools.
· Knowledge of current trends in the prospect identification, preferably in a non-profit environment.
· Strong organization skills, accuracy, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks.
· Successful experience implementing strategic program goals.
Since its founding in 1951, The Nature Conservancy has protected more than 119 million acres of land and 5,000 miles of rivers worldwide. With the support of more than one million members, the Conservancy addresses the most pressing threats to our natural world. Through important and strategic partnerships, we are expanding the impact of our work, finding creative ways to fund that bigger vision and building long-term relationships with communities, government agencies and commercial businesses in order to conserve natural resources at a new scale.
If you have a personal passion for conserving and protecting the natural world and believe in the mission, principles, and values of The Nature Conservancy’s approach to conservation, then please visit http://www.nature.org/careers to learn more. Submit your cover letter and resume for position number #48561 by 11:59 pm ET on March 13, 2020. Please note that the position location is negotiable, with preference for location in a TNC office.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.