Grassroots International seeks an experienced and detail-oriented individual to expand engagement of donors, particularly younger donors and members of donor networks, with global philanthropy and social movements. The Project Manager will actively seek and develop creative ways of enabling donors to be active partners in solidarity by raising their political consciousness, experiential learning, creating opportunities for deeper engagement with leading global south movement leaders; develop structured ways for donors to mobilize more resources and organize other donors to put their learning into practice. The 30-hour/week position is based in Boston, MA.
Grassroots International connects people in the US with global movements solving the root causes of poverty and climate change. We are a trusted link to communities building power to protect their rights to land, food, and water for the well-being of people and the planet. Grassroots International works in partnership with social movements to create a just and sustainable world by advancing the human rights to land, water, and food through global grantmaking, building solidarity across organizations and movements, and advocacy in the US.
- Work in partnership with the Executive Director and Development team to create and implement a donor organizing plan that emphasizes younger donors and next-generation leadership.
- Establish, support and work with Donor Circles, and coordinate with other staff to engage Donor Circle members with special fundraising events or delegations.
- Cultivate donors through donor networks
- Develop educational resources and programs based on the work of social movements.
- Prospect and cultivate donors at the $5,000 – $1 million level as part of the development team.
- Commitment to the mission of Grassroots International. Experience in social justice activism in domestic and/or international settings strongly preferred.
- Ability to work flexibly as part of a team in a mission-driven organization.
- Proven track record in successful donor organizing preferred.
- High level of self-organization with close attention to detail.
- Demonstrated understanding and the ability to communicate programs and ideas central to the GRI mission to external audiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be open to regional and local travel, including some evening, weekend and occasional national or international travel.
¾-time position; starting salary $39,000 – $48,750; excellent benefits.
Send resume and a cover letter detailing interest and relevant experience to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with PROJECT MANAGER and YOUR NAME in the subject line or mail to: Grassroots International, attn: Donor Engagement Search Committee, 179 Boylston St, Jamaica Plain, MA 02130. No phone calls please. Email applications preferred. Position open until filled. Grassroots International is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.