Title: Programs Associate
Reports to: Director of Programs
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Announcement Date: 8/23/16, open until filled
The Levitt Foundation seeks a motivated and highly organized Programs Associate to join a collaborative team environment, working closely with Foundation staff—particularly the Director of Programs and Programs Manager—to provide administrative support to the Foundation’s national grants programs.
This position will also coordinate various network activities related to Levitt’s mission-‐driven work, including national convenings and program initiatives.
The Program Associate will provide daily support to the Programs team in the development and management of resources, knowledge sharing platforms, and capacity building tools offered to Friends of Levitt organizations and Levitt AMP grantees. The ideal candidate will be detail-‐oriented and able to multi-‐task administrative functions in a fast-‐paced environment. Strong writing, analytical, and interpersonal skills are a must, along with a passion for Levitt’s mission of supporting free, outdoor concerts as a means to revitalize public spaces and invigorate community life. This is a full-‐time, non-‐ exempt position that may require some travel.
- Perform administrative functions related to overall management of Levitt grants programs including, but not limited to, posting grant opportunities, corresponding with applicants and grantees, reviewing applications for completeness, organizing applications and coordinating review process, processing funding requests, coordinating and tracking disbursement of funds, collecting and tracking grantee reports, and entering grantee information into database
- Assist with overall facilitation and logistics coordination for events and activities of the national Levitt network including, but not limited to, tours, programs, partnerships, and convenings
- Input data collected from grantees including, but not limited to, tri-‐annual and annual survey reports, audience surveys; assist in the preparation of reports to share collective data
- Assist with the development of systems and procedures to efficiently analyze data collected from grantees and produce performance evaluation metrics
- Provide administrative support for the implementation and ongoing management of new grant opportunities, resources, and capacity building tools for Levitt AMP grantees and Friends of Levitt partners
- Work closely within cross-‐departmental teams to facilitate information sharing between grantees, partners and Foundation staff
- Assist in the launch, development and management of the Foundation’s grants management system and grantee intranet including researching, coordinating, updating, and posting content
- Manage Levitt domain name accounts
- Archive collateral materials, significant documents, and branded items of Friends of Levitt partners and Levitt AMP grantees
- Perform administrative functions related to the development of new Levitt venues including, but not limited to, tracking city inquiries and coordinating exploratory committee site visits
- Assemble Levitt information packets for inquiries, presentations and pitches
- Serve as a Levitt ambassador and provide support for the organization’s presence at events, conferences and other related activities
- Perform general office and clerical duties including, but not limited to, answering phones, filing, making photocopies, and coordinating mailings
- Assist with special projects as directed
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- 2‐3 years relevant professional experience
- Working knowledge of nonprofit sector
- Grants management experience preferred
- Experience in data analysis and evaluation; proficiency in Excel is a must
- Knowledge and interest in the arts as a social impact strategy
- Strong project management skills with successful track record
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills
- Innovative and critical thinker with strong analytical and problem-‐solving skills
- Experience in working with diverse communities
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong ability to manage competing priorities and multiple projects simultaneously, without loss of attention to detail
- Self-‐motivated with high degree of initiative and entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a national team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and use of the Internet as a research tool; ability to use technology to achieve desired results
- Passion for and commitment to the mission of the Levitt Foundation
- Willingness to travel to Levitt locations across the country
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some nights and weekends
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Valid driver’s license and current insurance required
The Mortimer & Mimi Levitt Foundation is a national private foundation that exists to strengthen the social fabric of America. We empower communities to transform neglected outdoor spaces into welcoming destinations where the power of free, live music brings people together and invigorates community life.
The Levitt Foundation realizes its mission through two key programs: permanent Levitt venues and the Levitt AMP [Your City] Grant Awards, an annual grants competition. In 2016, more than 400 free Levitt concerts will be presented in 22 towns and cities across America, serving more than 600,000 people.
All Levitt concerts feature acclaimed, emerging talent to seasoned, award-‐winning artists in a broad range of music genres. Levitt’s family-‐friendly vibe and open green spaces attract people of all ages and backgrounds. Friends, neighbors, as well as those whose paths might not cross otherwise, gather to relax on the lawn or dance to the music. As an example of the high caliber talent presented across the Levitt network, the 2016 GRAMMY nominees included 21 artists who have performed on Levitt stages in recent years.
Permanent Levitt venues are located in cities as diverse as Los Angeles and Pasadena, California; Westport, Connecticut; Bethlehem, Pennsylvania; Memphis, Tennessee; and Arlington, Texas. Each permanent Levitt venue is programmed, managed and supported by its own 501(c)(3) Friends of Levitt nonprofit organization, presenting 50+ free concerts every year. Due to accelerating interest from cities and engaged citizens, the Levitt network is growing. Developing Levitt locations across the country include Denver (opening 2017), Houston (opening 2019), and Sioux Falls, S.D. (opening 2019), amongst other cities.
In 2016, the Levitt AMP [Your City] Grant Awards were awarded to 15 small to mid-‐sized towns and cities, including Greensboro, N.C.; Sheboygan, Wis.; North Adams, Mass.; Asbury Park, N.J.; and Middlesboro, Ky., to name a few. Each Levitt AMP winner will present 10 free concerts in a reimagined public space beginning this past spring and continuing through the fall.
Visit www.levitt.org to learn more.
- Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to [email protected], including “Programs Associate” in subject line.
Compensation commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package. EEO/AAW employer.