The Levitt Foundation seeks a self-motivated and highly organized Programs Associate to join a collaborative team environment, providing administrative support to the Programs team through a range of tasks, including database management, record maintenance, grant processing, and technical assistance. This position will also coordinate various network activities related to Levitt’s mission-driven work, including national convenings and program initiatives.
The Programs Associate will provide daily support to the Programs team in the management of grantee data, resources, and a cloud-based extranet offered to Friends of Levitt organizations and Levitt AMP grantees. The ideal candidate has a strong work ethic, enjoys dynamic problem-solving, and is detailed-oriented. Excellent writing, analytical, and interpersonal skills are a must, along with a passion for Levitt’s mission of supporting free, outdoor concerts as a means to revitalize public spaces and invigorate community life. This is a full-time, non-exempt position that may require some travel.
- Perform administrative functions related to overall management of Levitt grants programs including, but not limited to, posting grant opportunities, reviewing grant applications for completeness, organizing applications and coordinating review process, processing funding requests, coordinating and tracking disbursement of funds, collecting and tracking grantee reports, and overall data management, including entering grantee information into new CRM database
- Play a key role in the launch, ongoing development, and maintenance of Salesforce grants management database and custom-designed grantee extranet including updating and posting content, tracking grant activities, and providing technical assistance to extranet users; ensure timely and accurate data entry, processing, tracking, and reporting
- In collaboration with Programs team, define, implement, and document policies and procedures for organization’s data management; assist in refining and streamlining current data practices and implementing new data practices
- Assist with overall facilitation and logistics coordination for initiatives, events and activities of the national Levitt network including but not limited to, survey collection, tours, programs, partnerships, and convenings
- Input or upload past data collected from grantees into new grants management database including, but not limited to, gift history, audience survey results, and tri-annual and annual survey reports
- Build and run query reports in Salesforce, SurveyMonkey, and other data management services
- Assist with the development of systems and procedures to efficiently analyze data collected from grantees and produce performance evaluation metrics
- Provide administrative support for the implementation and ongoing management of current and new grant opportunities, resources, and capacity building tools for Levitt AMP grantees and Friends of Levitt partners
- Assist with administration of audience survey efforts, including conducting outreach, posting job opportunities, preparing materials, ordering and managing supplies, and monitoring venue reports
- Work closely within cross-departmental teams to facilitate information sharing between grantees, partners and Foundation staff
- Archive collateral materials, significant documents, and branded items of Friends of Levitt partners and Levitt AMP grantees
- Perform administrative functions supporting the development of new Levitt venues
- Assemble Levitt information packets for inquiries, presentations and pitches
- Serve as a Levitt ambassador and provide support for the organization’s presence at events, conferences and other related activities
- Perform general office and clerical duties including, but not limited to, answering phones, filing, making photocopies, and coordinating mailings
- Assist with special projects as directed
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- 2-3 years relevant professional experience, nonprofit sector preferred
- Strong project management and organizational skills with ability to prioritize and manage overlapping tasks/projects simultaneously
- Experience with databases, Salesforce preferred, and basic content management systems
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Innovative and critical thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Data analysis and evaluation experience
- Ability to recommend areas for improvement to create more effective and efficient processes
- Experience working with diverse communities
- Self-motivated with high degree of initiative and entrepreneurial spirit
- Grants management experience, a plus
- Strong ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a national team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and Mac operating system
- Passion for and commitment to the mission of the Levitt Foundation
- Willingness to travel to Levitt locations across the country
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some nights and weekends
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Valid driver’s license and current insurance required
The Mortimer & Mimi Levitt Foundation is a national private foundation that exists to strengthen the social fabric of America. We empower communities to transform underused outdoor spaces into welcoming destinations where the power of free, live music brings people together and invigorates community life.
The Levitt Foundation realizes its mission through two key programs: permanent Levitt venues and the Levitt AMP [Your City] Grant Awards, an annual grants competition. In 2018, nearly 500 free Levitt concerts will be presented in 26 towns and cities across America, serving more than 600,000 people.
All Levitt concerts feature acclaimed, emerging talent to seasoned, award-winning artists in a broad range of music genres. Levitt’s family-friendly vibe and open green spaces attract people of all ages and backgrounds. Friends, neighbors, as well as those whose paths might not cross otherwise, gather to relax on the lawn or dance to the music. As an example of the high caliber talent presented across the Levitt network, the 2018 GRAMMY nominees included 15 artists who have performed on Levitt stages in recent years.
Permanent Levitt venues are located in cities as diverse as Los Angeles; Denver; Dayton, Ohio; Westport, Conn.; Bethlehem, Pa.; Memphis; and Arlington, Texas. Each permanent Levitt venue is programmed, managed and supported by its own 501(c)(3) Friends of Levitt nonprofit partner, presenting 50 free concerts every year featuring music of all genres. Due to accelerating interest from cities and engaged citizens, the Levitt network is growing. Developing Levitt locations across the country include Sioux Falls, S.D. (opening 2019) and Houston (opening 2021), amongst other cities.
In 2018, the Levitt AMP [Your City] Grant Awards were awarded to 15 small to mid-sized towns and cities, including Escondido, Calif.; Sheboygan, Wis.; Chattanooga, Tenn.; St. Johnsbury, Vt.; and Middlesboro, Ky., to name a few. Each Levitt AMP winner will present 10 free concerts in a reimagined public space beginning this summer and continuing through the fall.
Visit www.levitt.org to learn more.
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to [email protected], including “Programs Associate” in subject line.
Compensation commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package, including group health plan and 401k. EEO/AAW employer.