Provide information to W.K. Kellogg Foundation grantees and grantseekers about foundation grant making goals, strategies and objectives. Provide appropriate technical and systems support to grantees and programming staff in the development and implementation and learning associated with all aspects of programming efforts.
Managing Grant Proposals and Budgets
- Monitor, receive and respond to programming proposals and requests. Provide review of funding requests.
- Assist with preparation and editing of funding documents, as appropriate.
- Monitor overall grant proposal status for assigned programming area and initiate appropriate actions to ensure timely, accurate and thorough processing (including compliance), intervening as necessary with grantees, consultants or other partners.
- Serve as staff resource, knowledge hub and liaison on all proposals/grants, including those with complex exceptions, as well as track, monitor and view reports to ensure foundation compliance.
- Oversee electronic processing of grants to facilitate the flow and to monitor timing of each step in the multidimensional funding process, as well as coordinate the work to meet critical deadlines and ongoing payout targets.
- Build and maintain strong, authentic relationships with grantees, ensuring understanding of WKKF program processes and expectations.
- Understand and effectively communicate the foundation’s mission, vision, core values and strategic direction.
- Manage equivalency determination processes for international grantees, in partnership with other foundation’s areas, as well as external partners.
Grant Portfolio Management
- Operate as a liaison through interactions, verbal and written correspondence with grantees, vendors and staff to obtain and provide information as well as receive required documentation.
- Ensure Encompass grantmaking and SAP financial data systems’ integrity, consistency and accuracy as it relates to grantees and/or vendors.
- When working through grantmaking and financial data systems, make recommendations for improvements based on internal and external feedback; this includes participating in internal pilot groups.
- Manage the steps in the grantmaking process according to the organizational handbook and policies, including budget/commitment revisions, payments/delivery dates updated accordingly in financial database (SAP), etc.
- Provide information in association with the foundation’s payout management, including planning, pipeline, scheduled payments, and flexible spending balances to inform decisions.
- Distribute annual/final reporting reminders to grantees and ensure timely receipt of annual grant reporting, analyze reports to confirm compliance with grant agreement terms, and bring grants to a timely and quality closure.
Program Operations Contracts
- Develop/coordinate scopes of work, contracts and master agreements with program officers, program managers, legal staff and others.
- Manage completion and payments ensuring deliverables are received and settled appropriately, and review periodic reports for follow up and/or closing.
- Manage and monitor incoming correspondence including review, screening, appropriate routing, and disposition and initiate action as appropriate.
- Manage, organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple schedules (internal, external and across teams) while ensuring excellent customer service.
- Schedule and coordinate arrangements for meetings, presentations, conferences and travel using applicable technologies, systems, and resources. Attend, facilitate, and/or participate in meetings as appropriate.
- Initiate travel approvals, reservations and itineraries; process travel expenses; and oversee travel budgets, as assigned and ensuring all aligns with business travel policies for self and others.
- Ability to accurately capture key themes and issues from various discussions and meetings and disseminate useful, concise summary products in a timely manner.
- Input data into appropriate technology applications based on written and verbal information.
- Draft, edit, format, proofread, and finalize various administrative and funding-related documents to share with other program staff as assigned.
- Create and maintain effective storage and filing systems according to organizational and/or departmental guidelines.
- Search and access relevant knowledge for program and/or administrative planning and management.
- In partnership with other program staff, conduct, analyze, summarize and share research, includes data collection, areas of strategic interest, and create and manage key programming and budget reports.
- Partner closely with Meeting Services on content development and overall coordination of networking meetings, symposiums and other group functions.
- Perform other related duties as assigned, including serving as backup and providing other workload assistance upon request.
- Associate’s degree and at least three years administrative or management support experience preferred; or high school diploma or equivalent with at least five years of previously mentioned experience.
- Must have excellent verbal, written and oral communication skills, including accuracy and grammatical skills in both English and Haitian Creole. French and/or Spanish language written and spoken fluency is desired, as a plus.
Core Competency Requirements:
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, be proactive and think independently and anticipate needs related to future work.
- Demonstrated capacity to learn and apply skills and knowledge to unique and varied situations.
- Drives toward outcomes and the foundation’s Ends.
- Makes decisions with stakeholders in mind.
- Collaborates with colleagues, teams, grantees, partners and communities.
- Accountable for your role and to your team.
- Communicate to develop shared understanding and for impact.
- Demonstrated agility in day-to-day work.
- Demonstrated commitment to mindfulness, resilience and ongoing personal development.
- Highly responsive and resourceful; strong propensity to provide excellent customer service and support.
- High tolerance for ambiguity and ability to adapt quickly to change.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information within the organization and in team settings. Absolute integrity, trust and discretion essential.
- Operate as critical thinkers with an awareness of happenings in the field, being politically cognizant of human dynamics of grantees and community stakeholders, using discretion in all interactions.
- Ability to represent the foundation in a professional, helpful and courteous manner. Tact, diplomacy and discernment essential in all contacts. Effectiveness in team settings and demonstrate cooperation and collaboration and the ability to use interpersonal skills to manage/negotiate conflict
- Strong team-building, conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Flexibility to work effectively with multiple stakeholders on a variety of projects.
- Ability to seek out constructive feedback, internalize and implement.
- Ability to navigate within complex systems, processes and conditions, coupled with sharp attention to detail and ability to multi-task, shift priorities while also maintaining a professional, approachable demeanor.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt readily to changes in systems, procedures, processes, policies, and departmental assignment changes.
- Capacity to quickly interpret and apply WKKF programs, strategies and initiatives, the organization’s mission, philosophies, structure, values, and WKKF program direction, niche and policies.
- Highly developed customer service skills; timeliness, results-oriented and resourcefulness.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking/problem-solving/troubleshooting/discernment skills.
- Ability to understand and suggest improvements for processes, procedures and systems.
- Ability to gather, sort and organize numeric data (budget analysis skills), prepare reports, graphic displays and high aptitude for applicable technologies.
- Experience working with web-based and financial data programs preferred.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet and database software in Windows environment (e.g., Excel, Access, etc.). Demonstrate knowledge of word processing software (Word) and automated accounting systems (i.e., SAP). Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and Internet use/navigation.
Minimal, as required to support job duties. A few international trips are required, especially to Haiti and to Mexico.
If you wish to apply or make a referral, please submit all written or electronic information to [email protected].
Do you like this post?
Be the first to comment
Sign in with