The Kresge Foundation is metro Detroit's largest private, national foundation, with more than $3.5 billion in its endowment, a growing staff of nearly 100 employees and a mission to expand opportunities in America's cities for low-income people. We do this through grant making and social investing in arts and culture, education, environment, health, human services, and community development efforts in Detroit. The Detroit Program is one of the foundation's signature efforts, reflecting our commitment to working in America's most challenging and dynamic cities and our belief in strategic, interdisciplinary, collective, and innovative approaches to urban revitalization.
The foundation has a state-of-the-art campus located in Troy, which includes an 1850s farmhouse, a LEED-Platinum certified wing and a newly opened expansion that includes a cafeteria and convening center. It also has an office in Midtown Detroit.
The Kresge Foundation offers a competitive total compensation package including health, employer-paid dental, vision, basic life insurance, short and long-term disability, generous paid time off, free breakfast, lunch, and snacks, and an attractive 401k plan with employer match and 10% employer contribution. We also provide robust employee learning and development opportunities and tuition reimbursement. We promote and support a healthy and green work environment and encourage intellectual curiosity where we embrace and live out our values of creativity, respect, opportunity, partnership, and stewardship.
Available Position: Program Operations and Information Management Associate
The Associate is the analyst level position within the Program Operations and Information Management Department (formerly Grants Management). The position works externally with applicants, grantees and investees and internally with Program and Social Investments staff to review grant and program-related investments applications, ensuring compliance and leveraging data to inform strategic decision making and support organizational learning.
This position serves as the Foundation’s liaison between grantees, program and finance staff, and is responsible for reviewing all components of grants and program-related investments in the Foundation’s grants management system.
Primary responsibilities of the Program Operations and Information Management Associate position include:
- Provides systems and process training and operational support to programs as a partner to and member of their program teams. Advises teams on basic issues of compliance.
- Develops comprehensive understanding of program portfolios over time, including grantee profiles, data trends, and program strategies and how specific grants fit into their frameworks.
- Analyzes and leverages grants and program-related investments data to foster continuous learning and improvement.
- Monitors and ensures that grants and program-related investments move expeditiously through the automated review process in the grants management system, focusing on high-quality, timely and consistent due diligence.
- Supports foundation grantees and investees in the navigation of foundation systems used for application, approval, reporting and the disbursement of funds. Works with organizations to ensure compliance with foundation reporting and other requirements.
- Works with Program and Social Investment staff members to ensure required documentation is in the grants management system and closes out grants and program-related investments.
- Coordinates with Managing Directors and Program Team Assistants to ensure proper communication and correspondence with applicants and grantees/investees.
- Attends quarterly reconciliation meetings. Assumes responsibility for final production and accuracy of grant and program-related investment materials for Board book.
- Conducts monthly audits to ensure accurate program coding, budget allocation and payments, reporting, compliance efforts and adherence to policies and requirements.
- Builds strong relationships within and across teams.
- Attends appropriate Program and Social Investments meetings and engages with the teams in a collaborative and constructive manner on an ongoing basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong commitment to the Foundation's vision and values with the ability to demonstrate that commitment in daily interactions.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Three years of work experience in an office environment, working independently and managing detailed information on specific deadlines and with others in teams required.
- Excellent computer skills, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint and intermediate to advanced knowledge of and experience with a grants management system preferred.
- Proven process management, operation, organization, and time management skills; strict attention to detail.
- Adept at prioritizing and handling multiple complex assignments, and setting and meeting deadlines with an orientation towards results and resolution.
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively in a matrixed team environment.
- Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to work through solutions and under pressure from all levels of the organization are essential.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and suggest new processes to improve internal and external customer responsiveness. Excellent customer service skills required.
- Basic understanding of IRS and foundation-specific regulations, ability to read basic NPO financial reports, basic nonprofit law, basic concepts of program related investments, and basic concepts of financing, familiarity with the exercise of expenditure responsibility and foundation structure and history preferred.
For consideration or nominations please send cover letter and resume with salary requirements to [email protected] by April 11, 2016. There are currently two open positions available.
The Kresge Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women and LGBT applicants.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with