The Program/Marketing Associate serves as a member of TPI’s professional staff, focusing primarily on supporting marketing, communications, and business development efforts as well as programmatic and strategic planning work for TPI clients and projects. S/he works collaboratively as a member of client teams, supporting specific TPI client engagements in designing, developing, managing, and evaluating philanthropic programs and strategic plans; supporting client relationships; and researching philanthropic issues. S/he plays an integral role as a TPI staff member, from client engagements and knowledge development to marketing and strategic planning. In addition, s/he supports key administrative needs of the office and team.
Marketing and Communications
- Support the Senior Marketing Manager in the creation, production, and maintenance of marketing collateral and events, including but not limited to, publications, email campaigns, thought leadership pieces, speaking engagements, external conferences, and other events. Coordinate with outside vendors when necessary.
- Significantly contribute to writing, editing, and distributing materials including print publications, email newsletters, website content, blog posts, news releases, social media, presentations, and reports.
- Manage social media editorial calendar, content creation, and dissemination.
- Maintain Salesforce database and internal data procedures, ensuring all information pertinent to TPI’s business development efforts is constantly and meticulously maintained.
- Draft and produce all email campaigns through Constant Contact, including content creation and email design.
- Support business development efforts by designing, drafting, editing, and formatting presentations and supporting materials for prospective and existing client work.
- Manage TPI’s prospect research process and support staff in preparing for business development meetings and trips.
- Support TPI staff in preparing for speaking engagements, including preparing background research, drafting talking points and speech outlines, preparing advance materials, and working closely with other staff to coordinate scheduling and logistics.
- Support various TPI tracking, reporting, and organization system needs.
- Manage logistics (scheduling, booking rooms, travel, food, etc.) for internal and external events as well as key meetings.
- Serve as the first point of contact for office, by phone and in person, including managing TPI’s [email protected] email inbox and TPI’s general voicemail box.; ensure timely and accurate communication on behalf of TPI, including phone calls, mail, and email.
Client and Program Support
- Support TPI project teams, which may include working directly with clients on certain projects. Responsibilities include conducting due diligence on grant proposals; review of funding requests; tracking and monitoring funded projects; logistical and other support for client meetings; project management; conducting site visits with or on behalf of clients; and development of materials to support client needs.
- Provide ongoing administration and support for programs and projects, including scholarship programs, college success programs, and other programs that TPI manages on behalf of clients.
- Conduct research and writing, including research on social issues, best practices, and model approaches; benchmarking research; community needs assessments; identifying and presenting funding opportunities, including ideas for programmatic initiatives; and preparation of briefing papers and other materials to support client needs.
- Support strategic planning and facilitation work, which may include design and implementation of surveys of key stakeholders and grant recipients; compilation of materials for strategic planning projects; and assisting with preparation for planning sessions/retreats with clients.
- Manage logistics and communications around scholarship programs; provide support to facilitate scholarship review processes; organize workshops and other events for scholarship recipients.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the point person for TPI’s physical office space, including maintaining supplies and technology.
- Support various TPI organizational and logistical needs.
- Individuals assigned to this position may perform other duties as assigned
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 2-3 years of relevant work experience, including experience in marketing, communications, and/or social media
- Experience in a consulting or client services environment a plus
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
- Must be a self-starter with a high level of initiative, accountability, and responsibility
- Must be able to work independently and be flexible, setting priorities amidst multiple and sometimes competing demands
- Must be detail oriented with a high standard for work quality
- Experience supporting fast-paced office; good under pressure; thrives when multi-tasking
- Strong interpersonal skills, in particular the ability to work collaboratively with a team with high standards in a collegial and patient fashion
- Superior writing, proofreading, and copyediting skills
- Creativity and a good eye for design are preferred
- Excellent administrative, organizational, calendar management, and event planning skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong technology skills and comfort level, including experience with maintaining websites (Drupal CMS preferred), CRM platforms (Salesforce preferred), social media platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter, Hootsuite), and email marketing platforms (Constant Contact preferred)
- Sense of humor key
All applications should be submitted online.
Go to https://www.tbf.org/who-we-are/careers and select Program / Marketing Associate to complete our online application process.
Diversity candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Equal Opportunity Employer.