Program Manager, Managed Organizations
Arabella Advisors seeks an organized, detail-oriented, highly-motivated and socially engaged professional to serve as a program manager to help build one of the country’s fastest-growing public charities. Using independent judgment, the Program Manager manages a diverse client and project portfolio, works closely with philanthropists and other key stakeholders, and uses business savvy to drive social sector projects and organizational growth. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to learn and thrive in the philanthropic/nonprofit sector in a fast-paced and innovative work culture.
About Arabella Advisors
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We help our clients imagine what’s possible, design the best strategies, learn what works best, and do the work necessary to realize their visions.
Our staff is a team of passionate problem-solvers—mission-driven and action-oriented—with a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience.
The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation. Our leadership team, advisors, colleagues, and staff are fundamentally concerned with social change. We share a desire to make a difference and apply an outcomes-focused approach. Our internal culture supports employee passions, enables continuous learning, and fosters innovation, risk taking, and fun—even as it emphasizes excellence.
About the Managed Nonprofit Organizations
Arabella Advisors provides operations and management support to multiple public charities, including a 501(c)(3) named the New Venture Fund and a 501(c)(4). These managed organizations house new and innovative public interest projects and nonprofits, as well as coordinate collaborative initiatives between donors and administer grants programs. This type of structure is commonly referred to as fiscal sponsorship, and candidates are highly encouraged to research fiscal sponsorship prior to a first interview. The managed organizations provide support to a diverse range of projects, including many focused on conservation and global health. The organizations have also provided fiscal sponsorship to projects focused on voter registration, public policy, education, disaster recovery, and music and the arts.
Candidates are highly encouraged to research fiscal sponsorship prior to a first interview.
- Manage client service for a portfolio of fiscally sponsored projects by managing donor and grant/contract management, capacity building, financial management and legal compliance and coordinating support of finance and human resources teams.
- Ensure project deliverables such as financial reports, sub-grant processes and dockets, grant and donor reports and end-of-year client reports are timely and high quality.
- Ensure projects remain compliant with various regulations and requirements, including donor requirements, IRS regulations of 501c3’s and 501c4s, lobbying restrictions and HR law.
- Manage relationships with clients, donors and philanthropic partners.
- Help projects problem solve as they implement and identify additional resources to support projects as necessary.
- Contribute to the team and organization’s significant year-over-year growth by improving our systems, operations and processes
- Contribute to the achievement of important team objectives.
- Develop and share relevant and valuable expertise in areas such as domestic and international grant management, compliance, lobbying management, technology, non-profit administration.
- Support new business development by meeting with potential clients and projects and developing proposals and budgets.
- Identify new services for project portfolio based on donor and client needs.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3-4 years of work experience in a professional environment, including internships and work-study
- Experience or interest in philanthropy, nonprofits, foundation operations and management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and resourcefulness in problem solving
- Outstanding organization and prioritization skills - ability to manage multiple demands, projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- High level of computer proficiency, particularly with the Microsoft Office Suite
Other Highly Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- One to three years of experience in an administrative support role
- Degree in public policy, business, finance or other related field
- Experience with Salesforce, database programs, intranets and web-based communication tools
A Career with Arabella Advisors
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, fun, transparent, collaborative, and healthy culture. We invite you to visit our careers website to learn more about our people, culture, and work. However, we thought you should know that Arabella is committed to providing excellent benefits to our employees. For you and your eligible dependents, we pay 100% of premiums and in-network deductibles for health, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. We also provide you disability coverage; life insurance; personal and volunteer leave time; a 401K match that you are eligible to receive when you start; $1,500 a year for professional development; and a fitness benefit.
We also are committed to building a firm that is diverse and inclusive. We invite our clients and employees to be fully themselves. By integrating diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work, we benefit from increased knowledge, creativity, flexibility, and organizational and individual growth. We expect all Arabella staff to share this commitment.
Candidates must submit a resume and one-page cover letter to be considered for the position. The cover letter must address why you want to work at Arabella and why this is your dream job. We will disregard candidates that do not submit the appropriate materials.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses.
Do you like this post?
Be the first to comment
Sign in with