The Laura Arrillaga-Andreessen Foundation (“LAAF”) is a private operating foundation with a mission to inspire, educate and empower people to give in a way that matters more. LAAF is a young, evolutionary organization that harnesses emerging technologies and our founder’s decades of experience as a philanthropist, social entrepreneur and academic to advance the educational, individual and institutional fields of philanthropy. Current LAAF initiatives include, but are not limited to, Stanford Graduate School of Business courses and accompanying case studies, teaching notes and learning notes; Giving 2.0: The MOOC; Giving Circles Fund; our suite of philanthropic resources and programs offered at LAAF.org; and our emerging, high priority work supporting women’s leadership development. Our affiliate organization, Andreessen Philanthropies, provides strategic capacity building grants to innovative nonprofits —most recently, supporting diversity and inclusion within the technology sector.
Overview of Position
LAAF seeks a highly organized, experienced and innovative Program Manager (“PM”) who will be responsible for leading strategy development, execution and evaluation of the organization’s new portfolio of work supporting women’s leadership development, as well as managing supporting staff. The PM will design, launch and oversee key initiatives related to women and leadership work including, but not limited to, a podcast; blog; book launch; MOOC; relevant coursework; and all related external communications. In this small startup environment, the Program Manager (“PM”) will work closely with the entire LAAF team, including the founder and president, Laura Arrillaga-Andreessen.
- Demonstrated passion and commitment to women’s leadership development, social impact and the advancement of underrepresented groups
- 5 + years work experience, with explicit experience managing the launch of a successful podcast; blog; MOOC; social media campaign; and/or book
- 3 + years work experience managing at least two employees, with superior results
- Superb manager of short- and long-term goals with the ability to incessantly meet and/or exceed projected outcomes and excellent project management skills
- Possesses an entrepreneurial and growth mindset, ready to help wherever needed and quickly learn new skills to effectively reach organizational and programmatic objectives
- Highly detail-oriented, as LAAF’s work is disseminated globally, and requires precise execution
- Exceptional team player with high emotional intelligence, conscientiousness and professionalism
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Servant leadership, humility, positive attitude, willing to go the extra marathon, adaptability, grace under pressure, kind, generous, loves to laugh
To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.