The Funders’ Committee for Civic Participation (FCCP) is looking for a thoughtful, detail-oriented, and self-motivated organizer to engage and support FCCP members through program management.
FCCP is an innovative and thought-provoking funder network that shares an underlying conviction that all people deserve a voice in our democratic process. The organization serves leaders in the philanthropic community working to further this vision with heightened attention to issues of equity and historically disenfranchised and underrepresented communities. Its members support non-partisan efforts to engage voters, eliminate structural barriers to voting, advance reforms to improve government and electoral systems, and inspire public involvement in civic life.
FCCP has evolved into a modern affinity group that works towards a society where impacted communities have the power to make a difference on issues that affect their lives, a culture of participation that inspires their engagement, and an open and equitable democracy which offers meaningful opportunities to exercise their voice.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
FCCP’s Program Manager will work with the Program Team to manage FCCP’s external programming to expand and inform the field of civic engagement grantmaking and create the space for dynamic strategy discussions. The Program Manager will report directly to the Executive Director, and collaborate with operations and membership and development staff, the Advisory Board, and FCCP members.
The Program Manager will fulfill the following responsibilities:
Manage various member program groups and working groups, including:
- Conduct outreach and engagement with members to determine goals, desired outcomes, and activities for the groups
- Work with staff and partners to create and implement topical work plans
- Facilitate member communications, virtual meeting logistics with member leadership
- Research, write and design relevant program content and materials
- Track and brief FCCP staff on relevant developments in the field
- Work with FCCP staff and member leadership to provide integration and connection between small groups and other FCCP programs
Manage a set of FCCP’s educational webinars including:
- In partnership with engaged members, develop a calendar, discussion goals and agendas for assigned topics
- Coordinate speaker preparation
- Manage the participant registration process and follow-up
- Execute outreach and communications to market the discussion
- Facilitate virtual meeting logistics
- Coordinate with the program team around other scheduled conversations
Support FCCP annual membership convening agenda development and execution, including the planning of specific sessions and events
Work with FCCP to support overall member management, including:
- Draft program content for FCCP newsletter and other special communications
- Coordinate with Operations Coordinator to maintain programmatic aspects of the FCCP website, database and email lists
Supports the Program Team in implementing its annual work plan
Additional projects as assigned
- Must have strong relationship building skills with 5-7 years of experience in organizing, outreach, or membership management. Experience with coalition management is a plus.
- Must be able to facilitate and lead strategy conversations and efforts.
- Must be detail oriented, highly organized, and possess exceptional follow through.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Zoom, and Google Suite required. Experience with Slack and CRM tools preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Technically savvy with strong computer aptitude and troubleshooting ability.
- Event coordination experience is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a small team.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines while maintaining excellent attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to the principles of a vibrant and inclusive democracy.
- Positive, collaborative, and inclusive with high standards of excellence
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including the ability to listen effectively.
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally (5-6 times a year when it is safe to travel).
COMPENSATION & LOCATION
The salary range for the role is $70,000 - $80,0000, depending on experience. FCCP offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical insurance, paid time off, and employer-paid contribution to retirement. FCCP operates from a virtual office with a preference for Eastern and Central time zones.
Applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. To be considered, please send your resume, cover letter, and a 1-2 page writing sample to [email protected] and include “Program Manager” in the subject line.
FCCP is an equal opportunity employer that values an inclusive and multicultural working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
We prohibit discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran's status, or any other legally protected status.