About the Organization
ClimateWorks Foundation (CWF) is a global non-governmental organization that partners with leading funders to be more strategic, efficient, and effective in their response to global climate change. The organization offers a suite of services:
- Provides a Global View: CWF aggregates, synthesizes, and presents emissions data and political, social, technical, and economic analyses in a way that offers insights for climate philanthropy. These insights help funders prioritize opportunities to reduce global greenhouse gas emissions, develop strategies that are robust under different future scenarios, adapt strategies to changing conditions, and track progress towards climate goals.
- Develops Strategies and Makes Grants:CWF collaborates with partners globally to develop portfolios of philanthropic investments designed to achieve large-scale greenhouse gas emissions reductions. With their partners, CWF evaluates insights from a wide range of sources, develops informed strategies, and clusters strategies into diversified, high-impact portfolios for philanthropic investment. CWF makes strategic grants that support transnational initiatives and organizations addressing climate change in critical parts of the world. They then monitor progress and apply candid assessments to drive learning and improvement.
- Facilitates Funder Collaboration:CWF facilitates collaboration among influential philanthropic funders—creating opportunities for them to interact with their peers, compare strategies, generate ideas, and coordinate investments that target the biggest drivers of global climate change.
As experts in climate science, public policy, economic and social analysis, and strategic philanthropy, CWF’s staff understands the multi-faceted challenges and opportunities of climate change. We are researchers, strategists, collaborators, organizers, and grantmakers who care passionately about the mission. For more information, please visit www.climateworks.org.
Clean power can catalyze dramatic reductions in global carbon dioxide emissions and yield significant additional benefits, such as healthier living conditions, increased energy security, and greater economic competitiveness. The ClimateWorks Power program targets key areas that, together, can accelerate the transformation of the global power sector. One of the Power program’s initiatives, the Clean Energy, Clean Air, focuses on efforts to transform the energy sector away from fossil fuels toward clean energy around the world.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Program Manager is responsible for the following duties:
- Provide strategic leadership for the grantmaking portfolio supporting energy transition and air pollution efforts globally with a focus on China and Southeast Asia
- Lead strategy development, program budgeting, program reporting, and review of all projects related to this initiative
- Serve as the main point of contact to Bloomberg Philanthropies (the primary funding partner for this initiative) and ensure alignment and coordination with Bloomberg Philanthropies’ program objectives
- Produce high-quality written and analytic materials in a fast-paced environment
- Provide thought leadership and engage with philanthropic partners where needed
- Collaborate effectively across internal colleagues as well as with Bloomberg Philanthropies
- Oversee the management and supervision of the team, currently consisting of one direct report
The successful applicant will have the following qualifications:
- At least 8 years’ experience in project management roles with at least 3+ years’ experience working in energy transition across various sectors and countries
- A client service mindset, with experience working with a broad range of stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure effectively, with minimal supervision
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Attention to detail and strong personal and interpersonal communications skills
- Willingness to be flexible, adaptable, and proactive in a dynamic work environment
- Competence in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and databases
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed
- Passion for climate change, environmental, and social issues
- Prefer candidate to be based in San Francisco, CA but location can be flexible
- Previous work experience working on environmental issues related to China and/or Southeast Asia is a big plus
- Previous experience working at a foundation
- Advanced degree in energy, policy, climate or another relevant field
- Previous experience working with grants and/or contract management
- Experience with, or aptitude for, managing a team
Compensation and Location
ClimateWorks offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience. This position will be located in San Francisco, CA.
ClimateWorks Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse candidate pool. The Foundation recognizes diversity as an asset essential to accomplishing its work and views diversity as encompassing differences in race and gender, as well as age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, job skills, education, and geographic location. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To be considered, please submit your resume and cover letter expressing your passion for the mission and fit for the role to: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/958419e94842472d86c34331f13e4c1a