The Bezos Family Foundation believes children are born with potential and deserve the experiences and environments needed to learn and thrive. Our programs and funding are guided by the science of learning and aim to transform how we support all young people—especially those furthest from opportunity—to pursue their own path for success. www.bezosfamilyfoundation.org
Vroom, an initiative of the Bezos Family Foundation, helps parents and caregivers turn everyday moments into brain-building moments with over 1,000 simple tips and supporting messages based on leading brain science. www.vroom.org
Vroom starts on the ground, prioritizing the existing relationships in the lives of families. Introduced and reinforced by trusted individuals and the institutional partners who support them, Vroom’s goal is to motivate ongoing behavior change at the family level. Our focus on regional collaboration enables a multi-touch approach to reach families frequently and organically.
About the position
Partnerships are at the core of Vroom. We seek a collaborative colleague with a motivational style to accelerate Vroom’s impact in communities across the country. This role serves an essential internal and external function by building and sustaining relationships with systems, community organizations, and informal networks in the lives of families. This position requires excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills with a range of individuals, from heads of state agencies, department leadership, and executive directors to childcare providers, social workers, and home visitors. Ability to travel and speak in forums, both large and small is a must!
Partnership development and network growth
- Cultivate and manage a growing portfolio of regional
- Build community and foster innovation across partners who are integrating Vroom into their work at the city, county, and state level. Elevate what’s working as well as opportunities for improvement and iteration.
- Maintain a focus on underserved populations, ensuring Vroom can support organizations working to address inequity to improve the lives of families and children.
- Champion Vroom in diverse settings, including invited speaking engagements, conferences and events, and other partnership-building opportunities.
- Steward internal funding proposals where appropriate, through the Foundation’s vetting and decision processes.
- Work alongside internal teams at the Foundation, including Communications, Mind in the Making and early childhood-focused grantmaking staff; identify avenues to collaborate and create outsized impact for families.
Narrative and impact
- Provide direction to Vroom partners on metrics for success and tracking systems to meet their needs. Encourage qualitative and quantitative evaluation and peer-learning.
- Maintain and refine internal systems for tracking progress, including reporting where funding is involved; create avenues for soliciting partner feedback.
- Work collaboratively with partners to identify stories and leverage the Foundation’s cross- functional team to showcase what’s working through a variety of channels.
- Manage contracts with evaluations partners, offering both thought partnership and strategic guidance to scopes of work.
Initiative operations and other responsibilities
- Actively contribute to the development of Vroom’s “big picture” strategy and priorities, including adaptations in international contexts and within new family-facing sectors.
- Collaborative partnership with internal Communications lead to ensure partner messages and materials maintain a high standard and reflect Vroom values of being positive, empowering, and scientifically accurate.
- Stay informed on national trends related to early childhood development and related fields.
- Participate in strategic planning to ensure Vroom partner strategy is aligned with organizational goals and regularly inform teams of efforts and results.
Required Experience and Education
- A minimum of eight to ten years of relevant experience in program management, strategic communications, development, community engagement, or collective impact. BA/BS preferred.
- Exceptional communication skills, written and verbal, with an ability to win over a crowd.
- Demonstrated passion for early education and commitment to the Foundation’s vision.
- Confidence with digital tools and communication channels, including mobile applications & SMS.
- Experience in the early childhood, health, or education sector desired but not required.
- Strategic thinker, ability to map daily responsibilities to the overall mission and goals overtime.
- Possesses a positive, professional, and proactive approach to problem-solving but with a sense of humility to learn from current team members, Vroom implementers, existing partners, and families; maintains a growth mindset with a commitment to learning and improvement.
- Ability to take the initiative to support the changing needs of the team; is resourceful.
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and strong cross-functional relationships across an organization to achieve common goals. Comfort within a horizontal organizational structure.
- Energetic with the ability to motivate others and create a team environment where everyone wants to do their best and deliver results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; a skilled collaborator with an ability to find innovative approaches to forge alliances and connect with key audiences; speaks with authority and conviction; has strong presentation skills.
- Ability to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality with unwavering integrity, sound ethical, and moral judgement.
Location: Seattle, Washington
Reports to: Managing Director, Programs & Strategy, Early Learning
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a comprehensive background check.
Please send resume & cover letter to email@example.com
Bezos Family Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and supports workplace diversity.