YCore is a social impact fellowship for young professionals mobilizing the next generation of champions for just, inclusive communities. We believe that education and action are crucial to activate more time, money and resources, so we’ve designed programming to help young professionals launch their social impact journeys. In our four-month, after-work program, young professionals build capacity for local nonprofits while also gaining the knowledge and experience to become better volunteers, donors and community advocates. In just three years, we've mobilized 150 young professionals who have donated 5,000 hours and $1M in project value to Bay Area nonprofits.
Program Director Overview
YCore is growing at a rapid pace. YCore’s first Program Director will be responsible for YCore’s expansion into the Peninsula and South Bay of the San Francisco Bay Area, and will work directly with the Executive Director to drive the continued development and growth of an innovative social impact organization. To build YCore’s first regional community, the Program Director will lead workshops, scope projects with the best local nonprofits, recruit new fellows, and engage alumni in social impact opportunities; these learnings will inform YCore’s future growth and structure. The Program Director will also have the opportunity to build and shape YCore’s brand and connect interested thought leaders and stakeholders to YCore’s mission, ensuring our communities have the resources they need to thrive.
Roles and Responsibilities
- As director of the Peninsula and South Bay program, the Program Director will (approximately 67% of the role):
- Recruit young professionals to become YCore Project Leads and Fellows
- Develop strong relationships with local nonprofits and scope partner projects alongside Project Leads
- Lead workshops and teach YCore’s social impact curriculum to Fellows
- Build a community of courageous changemakers based in the South Bay
- As a key member of YCore’s growth and development, the Program Director will (approximately 33% of the role):
- Develop YCore’s brand and marketing strategy to communicate YCore’s mission to external stakeholders and the broader public
- Fundraise for YCore’s mission and vision
- Improve and implement YCore’s organizational strategy with the Executive Director, Board of Directors, Alumni Board, and other key stakeholders
- Support the operations and administration of YCore
- Deep passion and commitment for YCore’s mission
- Experience in communicating and empathizing with both nonprofit staff and young professionals in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Ability to execute, operate, and quickly adapt in a self-directed manner
- Experience managing groups of people or significant projects
- Significant fundraising experience or equivalent sales experience
- Strong presentation, interpersonal, and networking skills
- Excellent organization and self-management abilities
Compensation and Expectations
- This job is based in the Bay Area, specifically in the South Bay / Peninsula area
- Annual Salary of $55,000-$75,000 based on experience; also includes health, vision, and dental insurance, as well as significant PTO
- 40 hours per week, including multiple nights per week and approximately one weekend per month for workshops and events
- The Program Director will work directly with, and report to, YCore’s Executive Director
- Preferred starting date: May 1, 2018
YCore does not discriminate against or harass any person employed or seeking employment on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion, pregnancy, medical condition, ancestry, marital status, age, or citizenship. This policy is intended to be consistent with the provisions of applicable State and Federal laws.
Typical Physical and Mental Demands
The role requires prolonged use of a computer and eye-hand and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, telephone, and other office equipment. It requires normal range of hearing to communicate with partners and Fellows. Daily travel around the Bay Area will be necessary.
How to Apply