Title: Program Department Intern, Grants Administration
Reports To: Grants Manager
FLSA Classification: Nonexempt
To support Grants Administration with processing grant payments, and other grant processing duties as assigned, to support the Grants Management System (GMS) design and implementation project. This position will also process grants from the Live Arts Boston grant program. This assignment will last approximately 12 months.
- Ensure grants are processed on a weekly basis and delivered to Finance Department by the end of each week
- Data input for each grant request
- Create FoundationPower grant record
- Create award letters to a template
- Save appropriate documentation to each grant record
- Save GuideStar Charity Check Reports to each grant record
- Track all grants in process and paid using Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Teams
- Follow up with staff and grantees to ensure correct contact and payee information
- Respond in timely manner to staff and grantees that inquire about grant payment status
- Process grant applications and reports using online grants management system (IGAM) and FoundationPower
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Individuals assigned to this position may perform other duties as assigned
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
- Required skills: Intermediate level skills working with Excel spreadsheets, Microsoft Office products, and data entry
- Previous administrative experience
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
- Candidate must be highly organized, detail oriented, and able to work on a tight schedule;
- Excellent attention to detail, strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task;
- Database experience strongly preferred;
- Quick to learn new software and processes;
- Able to work with minimal supervision;
- Able to work under the pressure of tight deadlines;
- Reliable and punctual;
- Strong writing and communication skills;
- Participative and proactive work style, team player and sense of humor;
- Mature interpersonal style, ability to interact professionally with a diverse range of people.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Ability to sit for long periods of time;
- Ability to use a keyboard for extended periods of time; and
- Ability to lift and carry up to 10 pounds, occasionally.
All applications should be submitted online. Go to https://www.tbf.org/who-we-are/careers and select “Program Department Intern, Grants Administration” to complete our online application process. Diversity candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Equal Opportunity Employer.
The content is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to constitute an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, who are or become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act or applicable state law, must be able to perform the essential functions of the job (including those listed above) either with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation, if any, will be determined by management in consultation with the employee on a case-by-case basis.
This job description is intended to be general and may be revised from time to time. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with