Neighborhood Funders Group (NFG) is a membership association of grantmaking institutions. Our mission is to build the capacity of philanthropy to advance social justice and community change. NFG organizes the field, develops leaders, and cultivates thought leadership among its national base of members and encourages the support of policies and practices that advance economic, racial, and social justice.
The Program Coordinator serves as the logistical point person for Neighborhood Funders Group’s core programming which includes conferences, meetings, learning tours and other events, both in-person and virtual. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with full benefits. The Program Coordinator is based in NFG’s Oakland, CA office and reports to the Vice President of Programs.
Meeting, Event and Conference Logistics (70%)
- Coordinates logistics for all conference calls, including scheduling with parties across several time zones, supporting and troubleshooting the meeting technology, sending meeting reminders and agendas, etc.
- Staffs conference calls and meetings as needed, providing note taking and following up on action items
- Promotes efficiencies and collaborations across program areas
- Manages an organization wide programmatic calendar
- Handles all meeting and event logistics including ordering supplies, catering and facility issues
- Is the logistical point person at events, liaising with speakers, volunteers, NFG staff and the venue’s technical and hospitality staff to ensure well-coordinated events
- Coordinates with NFG operations staff on administrative aspects of the program such as following up on invoices, contracts, insurance certificates, archiving, etc.
- Coordinates speaker payments such as honoraria and travel reimbursements
- Assists program managers with event expense tracking and payment deadlines
- Handles travel arrangements for NFG staff and committee members as needed
- Supports other logistical needs as they arise
Data Management and Program Communications (20%)
- Keeps program information current in NFG’s Salesforce database and on the web site
- Uses Salesforce database to support events and program communications, reviewing and editing e-mail list and running reports
- Produces content for programs’ individual social media channels
- Updates program pages on the NFG website as needed, in coordination with NFG communications staff
- Proofreads and formats correspondences within the database and in email
- May help draft program-related communications for web site and program emails
Other Duties (10%)
- Conducts internet research on funders and field issues as needed
- Supports program managers’ fundraising efforts as needed, such as submitting grant proposals
- Special projects as assigned
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Qualities
- Demonstrated experience with meeting coordination and managing event logistics
- Demonstrated commitment to racial, economic, gender and climate justice; the mission of NFG; and appreciation for diverse communities
- Associate degree or minimum two years of directly-related work experience required
- Well-organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a collaborative environment
- Personable with a good sense of humor; ability to build and maintain relationships with different kinds of NFG stakeholders
- Experience with making Twitter and Facebook posts
- Professional, respectful communication style
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, problem solve and see tasks and processes through to completion
- Comfort with learning new processes and technologies
Desired Qualifications, Skills, and Qualities
- Prior experience with Salesforce or similar databases
- Prior experience with Zoom or other virtual meeting platforms
- Prior experience working in the nonprofit sector
- Comfort with basic web site editing
- Strong writing skills
- A good sense of humor
Job Specifics and Work Environment
To learn about NFG, visit us online.
This position is full time (40 hours per week) and is non-exempt. Travel required 6-10 times per year.
Starting salary range is $24.04 to $28.85/hour (roughly $50,000 – $60,000 annualized) depending on qualifications and experience. NFG provides medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits and generous vacation leave. The position is located in Oakland, CA.
NFG is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law. Women, people of color, and/or LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter, and resume to email@example.com, with “Program Coordinator” in the subject line. The position is open until filled, but first consideration will be given to applications received by June 15, 2018.