The Bush Foundation is seeking a talented, collaborative and detail-oriented person to join the Foundation’s Leadership Programs team as Program Coordinator. The right person for this job will relish the chance to put their organizational and interpersonal skills to use so that the Leadership programs operate effectively with the highest level of customer service.
The Bush Foundation is a private foundation based in St. Paul, Minnesota. We invest in great ideas and the people who power them, helping individuals and organizations think bigger and think differently about what is possible for their communities.
The Foundation was established in 1953 by 3M executive Archibald Bush and his wife, Edyth, and today works in communities across Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota and the 23 Native nations that share the same geography.
The Leadership Programs team builds on the Foundation’s long history of leadership development by connecting leaders with new people and ideas through the Foundation’s flagship Bush Fellowship Program, Leadership Network grants and related programs. They work closely with the Communications team and the Community Innovation team to inspire, equip and connect leaders to effectively lead change in our region.
You can find much more about these programs and other Foundation activities at BushFoundation.org.
The Leadership Programs Coordinator advances the goals of the Foundation by effectively and efficiently managing the operational and administrative activities and providing technical support to the other three members of the team. This position serves as a frequent “first responder” to requests for information and help from the public.
Core Responsibilities & Key Relationships
- Manage day-to-day operations of the team including expenses, payments, budgeting, forecasting, calendar management and managing project timelines and deliverables.
- Serve as a key resource for potential applicants, current fellows, vendors and consultants.
- Partner with the Community Network Operations Manager in planning for and execution of selection processes for Leadership Programs.
- Plan and manage events and convenings, collaborating with colleagues as needed.
- Manage and align Leadership Programs team activities with other activities in the Foundation to ensure operational and administrative coordination and integration across teams and programs.
- Support Community Network cross-team operations work as appropriate.
- Lead incorporation of Salesforce practices into team practice and culture.
- Actively demonstrate core organizational values in performing all duties.
- Participate and support cross-foundation activities.
- At least three years of administrative support experience in a fast-paced, collaborative, professional environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and effectively.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to effectively interact, communicate and collaborate with people from a wide range of cultural backgrounds.
- Experience with SalesForce is a plus.
- Knowledge of leadership development is a plus.
Spread Optimism. We encourage individuals and organizations to think bigger and think differently about what is possible. We are positive and supportive in our internal and external interactions.
Work Beyond Ourselves. We actively seek opportunities to work in true collaboration with others to have more impact. We are willing to both lead and follow. We candidly share what we learn with others.
Everybody Matters. We are a champion for both excellence and equity inside and out of the Foundation. We have fair, open and inclusive processes. We work to raise overall quality of life while also closing
Steward Well. We demonstrate appreciation for the Foundation’s history and thoughtfully build on its legacy. We hold ourselves to high standards of integrity and accountability, and conduct ourselves in a way that we hope would make our founders proud.
More Good Every Year. We are a true learning organization and work to be smarter and more effective every year. We never lose sight of the reason we exist: to do the most possible good with the resources left to the community by Archibald G. Bush.
Reports To: Anita Patel, Leadership Programs Director
Working conditions: Office environment with occasional travel. Periodic adjustments to work schedule may be necessary.
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] or to Human Resources, Bush Foundation, 101 Fifth Street East, Suite 2400, St. Paul, MN 55101.
Help us keep track of your application by adding “Leadership Programs Coordinator: [your name]” to the subject line of your email, or to the outside of the envelope. Thanks!
We’re eager to fill this position! Please apply by 12:00 p.m. (central time) on Tuesday, December 22, 2015 to ensure that your application can be considered.
The Bush Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Be the first to comment
Sign in with