WDN is a thriving and inclusive community of progressive women philanthropists from around the country, united by a shared vision of justice and equity for all. Our members are bold and entrepreneurial and are willing to take risks; they combine their wealth, time, and talents to support their progressive values. WDN provides the structure to help our donors be their most powerful selves, supporting movement-building work with bedrock funding, and incubating high-impact initiatives that create long-lasting change.
You will help build and support our outreach and donor stewardship efforts to help grow WDN’s dynamic and diverse network. You’ll work in partnership with WDN staff to identify potential new members and design inspiring events and outreach tools to help them learn more about the network. You’ll also support administration and implementation of our member programs – ensuring that members are able to plug in to all that the network has to offer. The ideal candidate will thrive in coordinating processes and activities in support of WDN’s recruitment and program goals.
We are organized and detail-oriented, so you should be, too. It’s essential that you are both a team player and a self-starter who can ask the right questions and find the resources and connections you need. We value collaboration and working in small groups so this should be important to you as well, and we hope you will share our passion for social change and our entrepreneurial spirit.
We prioritize applying an intersectional lens to all of our work and believe that a diverse staff is integral to everything we do. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, and LGBTQ, bilingual, and bicultural individuals.
ONCE HERE, YOU WILL…
- Develop and implement effective donor recruitment and stewardship activities, working closely with the Community Engagement Director and WDN’s President & CEO.
- Support the implementation of recruitment events and member-focused programs, including working with speakers, coordinating program communications and logistics, and helping to maintain and improve our database as a powerful recruitment and engagement tool.
- Collaborate closely with all members of the WDN staff team on a variety of ad-hoc projects throughout the year
- Help draft compelling member communications, in collaboration with our communications team.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in membership organizations, community organizing, donor organizing, policy work, or other relevant experience.
- A passion for program management, donor stewardship, and/or fundraising.
- The ability to support and implement learning programs and in-person events.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills including experience writing marketing materials or compelling program reports
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, problem solve, and multi-task effectively and flexibly in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated values consistent with the mission and vision of WDN, including embracing intersectionality as a core value of our work.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Experience working with high-net-worth donors in fundraising, business development, or recruitment
- Experience working in a foundation, philanthropic advising, or nonprofit organization
- Project or event management experience
- Knowledge of and experience with Salesforce or other relational databases, as well as MailChimp, social media tools, and Google applications
WDN provides highly competitive compensation based on skills and experience, with excellent health, dental, vision, life insurance, vacation, and retirement benefits, and the possibility of occasional telecommuting. We offer a positive work environment that supports work-life balance. This position is fulltime, exempt, and generally office-based. Our standard daily hours of operation are from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please submit the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter describing your interest and relevant experience
- Current resume
- 1-page writing sample
- Three references with contact information
Materials should be submitted via email as one single PDF attachment. Please include Program Associate, Your Name in the subject line of your email. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications accepted until the position is filled. Absolutely no calls, please.
WDN is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants shall not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, sex, national origin, color, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or marital status. The working environment and physical demands of this position include the use of general office equipment; sitting or standing for extended periods of time; using a keyboard and mouse for extended periods of time; and hearing and vision within normal ranges for computer work. Applicants with Disabilities: Reasonable accommodations will be made so that disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise us of your needs in writing at the time of application.