The Solutions Project
The Solutions Project accelerates the transition to 100% clean, renewable energy for all people and purposes. To achieve this mission, we engage the public, celebrate and convene leaders, and advance state policies and partnerships that take bold steps on the road to 100%.
Core to our mission of 100% for the 100%, is investing in an ecosystem of advocates rooted on the frontlines of climate change. The Solutions Project’s nimble, high engagement philanthropy model catalyzes the growth of an emergent grassroots movement for clean energy by directly resourcing organizations well-positioned to drive strategies through state-wide policies and bringing media attention to their great work.
The Program Associate will report to the Director of Investments and State Strategy and support the Investment team’s grantmaking, complementary strategies, and execute top notch programming. We are deeply passionate about our grantees and we see this position as key to providing deeper, more meaningful partnerships. This position is also an important link to our 100% campaign, which infuses the popular narrative around climate change and clean energy with personal, solutions-based stories that reflect the true diversity of people making 100% a reality. The Program Associate will help connect investment strategies with the storytelling of the 100% campaign. The position is fulltime and based in our stylish offices in Dupont Circle, Washington, D.C..
The nonprofit and philanthropic sectors have the opportunity to further embrace the brilliance of emerging, diverse communities. As such, the The Solutions Project is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people who enter this issue from a wide range of callings. Women, People of Color, People with Disabilities and LGBTQI people strongly urged to apply.
The core responsibilities of the Program Associate include:
- Collaborating with the Director of Investments and State Strategy, the Director of Engagement, and the Program Officer to support our grantees and strengthen the environmental advocacy ecosystem
- Coordinate external communications work across teams
- Work to identify, track, support, and integrate the great stories of our grantees into the broader organizational strategy
- Lead the planning and execution of grantee meetings and convenings
- Coordinate the grantmaking evaluation work
- Support grants administration and proposal pipeline needs
- Provide support for administrative needs or other tasks as assigned
A typical day as a Program Associate might include:
- Listening, surveying, and connecting with grantees and partners to provide strategic and programmatic support for their work
- Event and logistics management
- Processing grants for payment
- Contract management
- Aiding in communications and public relations needs
- Policy research and media tracking
- Scheduling travel and calendar
This position might be for you if:
- You have an unrelenting passion and drive for social justice that is just as big as your desire to work hard and get things done
- See equity as intersectional and connected to other social issues
- You’re savvy with Slack and other online communications tools that make remote teams high functioning
- You’re uncomfortable with the status quo and ready to test new solutions
- Deeply team oriented and able to reach out for help if and when needed, yet able to work independently
- Believe that your work has to have impact beyond the four walls of the organization
- Bring a great deal of energy, organization, and attentiveness to your work
- You’re quick, like juggling many things at once, and highly communicative
Your specialized skill set includes:
- Experience working in nonprofit organizations and/or philanthropy
- Program management and development
- Exposure to Salesforce and other information and technology management systems
- Understand the synergy between local work and national strategies
- Experience in event management, public relations, and/or administration
- The successful candidate will be expected to travel approximately 15% of the time
Salary will commensurate with experience and be paired with a competitive benefits package. Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Program Associate.” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.