About Support Center
Support Center’s mission is to empower nonprofits and social enterprises to transform their leadership and management and accelerate positive social change. Support Center is a nonprofit capacity building organization created as part of an international network of management support organizations (Support Centers of America) originally established in 1971. We have been a trusted partner to nonprofits in the greater New York/New Jersey/Connecticut area for more than 30 years. Support Center specializes in organizational development, consulting and executive transition.
Within the world of management support organizations, we are unique in our commitment to being a deeply engaged “partner” to the nonprofits with which we work. We take the long view in committing to help our partners and propose long-term navigational support for organizations to ensure that our work leads to sustained change and success. We work in close collaboration with our clients, ensuring that the work is focused on accomplishing goals as we continuously assess progress and refine the strategy as needed. Videos on our YouTube channel provide a glimpse into our culture and values.
About the Position
The Program Associate will report to the Associate ED and work with a dynamic core team, 20+ affiliate consultants, and 12 navigators. This position is full-time. Support Center offices and this position are currently located at 32 Old Slip, New York, NY (Lower Manhattan). Both local candidates and those who would be willing to work remotely for a period of time and consider relocating will be considered. Candidates are encouraged to be open-minded and discuss their geographic circumstances and flexibility in their cover letter.
The salary for this position is $50,000, and benefits include health insurance, paid leave, and retirement.
Role and Responsibilities
The Program Associate will work across our growing portfolio of projects focusing on contracting and project management for strategy and management, professional and leadership development (customized training), executive transition, and organizational navigation engagements, as well as communicating the impact of Support Center’s work.
Core responsibilities will include:
- In coordination with the Associate Executive Director and Director of Programs, manage and conduct client intakes, develop project scopes of work and write proposals and agreements
- Coordinate client and consultant contracting in coordination with the Associate ED, Director of Programs, Director of Finance & Operations, and others
- Contribute to ongoing project management across the project portfolio by conducting routine check-ins with consultants and clients
- Ensure relevant information shared by clients and consultants is documented in SalesForce in order to provide long-term and personalized client support
- Manage client data, ensure compliance around data entry, and generate Salesforce reports for meetings, grant reports, and organizational learning
- Develop and support monthly professional development learning opportunities aligned with our strategy and management and navigation practice
- Liaise with affiliate consultants, navigators and staff to collect lessons learned, bright spots and testimonials to be shared across Support Center’s communications channels
- Contribute to ongoing outcomes and impact measurement with clients and overall internal program evaluation efforts in alignment with business development goals
- Support marketing and communications efforts by helping to connect with clients and develop project success stories for marketing purposes
- Spearhead Support Center special events (in conjunction with the Operations Associate), such as our annual Friendsgiving event and periodic fundraisers.
- Support internal administration of assessment instruments (LPI, iCAT, CCAT), draft summary reports and coordinate with Program Manager(s) and Operations Associate as necessary.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Ensure consistency and fidelity of client and project information/data in Salesforce
- Manage interns as needed
- Assist with fulfilling grant reporting requirements and tracking project results across the program portfolio
- Assist with event preparation and management as needed
The ideal candidate will have:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience in a field relevant to Support Center’s work (e.g., public or business administration, social work, social sciences, humanities, etc.); graduate degrees welcome.
- Evidence of being a part of a mission-driven social impact organization
- Proven English writing, speaking, and presentation skills
- Comfort using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Google Suite
- Interest in organizational impact and story-telling
- Ability to work successfully under multiple deadlines and adapt to shifting priorities
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to relate to and work with a diverse team and group of clients, partners, and stakeholders
- Experience using Salesforce, or a readiness to learn Salesforce at minimum
- Solid organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to enthusiastically offer and accept support, ideas, and feedback from colleagues
The ideal candidate will be:
- Enthusiastic about working as part of a close-knit and collaborative team
- Possessed of integrity, diligence, and a sense of humor
- Empathetic and a good listener
- Mission driven and purpose oriented
- Committed to Support Center’s mission
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please write "Program Associate" as the subject heading. The cover letter should be addressed to Keith Timko, the Executive Director, and should describe the candidate’s interest in Support Center, professional experience and qualifications, suitability for this role and relevant experience working across differences. Target start date is December 1-15, 2020. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Support Center is an equal opportunity employer that values and celebrates diversity, equity, and inclusion. Support Center encourages applications from persons of color and individuals who represent historically marginalized groups and populations.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in with