About RSF Social Finance
Imagine working with a group of thoughtful, committed colleagues to transform the way people work with money.
At RSF Social Finance, we bring our individual passions, experience, and skills to meet the needs of others through innovative and integrated investing, lending, and giving services that generate positive social and environmental impact while fostering community and collaboration among participants.
With a 35 year track record of deploying loans, grants, and other catalytic capital to social enterprises, RSF is recognized nationwide as a leader in the field of social finance. We seek candidates who bring a specific professional skill set and are also aligned with our purpose, values, and operating principles.
For more details, visit rsfsocialfinance.org.
The Program Associate is responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations of the Philanthropic Services team. Core responsibilities include the coordination and administration of the weekly grants process, which includes acting as the primary point person for Donor Advised Fund clients. This role receives grant recommendations, completes due diligence processes for domestic and foreign grants, and interfaces with RSF’s Accounting and Information Systems staff to ensure proper data entry and payment of grants. This position also coordinates the RSF Seed Fund grant program, supports the Shared Gifting participatory grant program, Integrated Capital Collaborative grants, and other team projects as needed.
Grants Management & Compliance
- Conduct various tasks to support the weekly grants cycle, including administration, data entry, due diligence, and payment for all domestic grantmaking
- Maintain accurate grant records in database
- Facilitate grant agreement signing and payment for all grants, both domestic and foreign
- Function as primary point of contact for client grant recommendations
- Review and reconcile all undeposited grant checks quarterly
- Maintain data and filing systems, including accurate donor, fund, and grantee information
- Support the Shared Gifting participatory grant program, including event planning, facilitation, data analysis and representing the program externally
- Administer the annual RSF Seed Fund grant program
- Assist in data collection for RSF’s annual financial audit
- Support department work related to Integrated Capital Collaboratives, including data analysis and integrity monitoring
- Contribute to quarterly statements processing, including content creation, dissemination and client statement review and data management
- Create new and maintain existing program and process documentation
- Contribute to annual Philanthropic Services goal setting, budgeting, and planning process
- Cross-train on gift receipt and data entry
Client Relationship Management
- Provide excellent service to prospective and current clients with a focus on long-term relationship building with an eye towards donor education, engagement and networking
- Meet and/or exceed client expectations in alignment with program policies
- Respond to general incoming Philanthropic Services-related inquiries
- Work with RSF’s Marketing Team to highlight Philanthropic Services department activities and clients; write stories for publication on the RSF blog and newsletter
- Coordinate improvements to the online Client Portal, manage client requests and monitoring, and communicate with Information Systems team regarding project status
Database Management & Accounting
- Work closely with the Information Systems team to inform improvements to the Philanthropic Services database structure
- Implement changes to ensure the database remains updated and current
- Work closely with the Accounting team to support department grantmaking and related activities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in administrative work required
- Experience working with donors and/or grantees in a grants management role preferred
- Experience with foreign grantmaking and expenditure responsibility preferred
- Prior work experience in foundation/nonprofit setting preferred
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills required, with sensitivity and appreciation for diverse viewpoints and various communication styles
- Basic understanding of program and organizational budgets preferred
- Knowledge of nonprofit and charitable law especially related to Donor Advised Funds preferred
- Excellent organizational and systems thinking skills
- Ability to manage several tasks and competing priorities in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Comfortable working with various technology platforms, including Zoom, ShareFile and DocuSign
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Teams, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Strong Salesforce or similar database skills preferred
- Ability to tactfully interact with, and make decisions related to, donors, grantees and other clients and communicate those decisions effectively
- Ability to work well under pressure, and meet deadlines and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to take initiative and to independently make decisions, to think outside the box, and see the “big picture”
- Ability to handle sensitive client information with a high degree of confidentiality
- Must be able to frequently communicate orally and by telephone
Compensation & Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience and level of responsibility. Other benefits include:
- A fulfilling work environment at a supportive and entrepreneurially-driven organization
- A competitive compensation package including employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance benefits
- Very generous vacation and sick leave benefits plus nine paid holidays per year
- 403(b) plan with employer-paid contributions after one year of employment
- Exposure to innovative ideas, projects, and collaborative staff activities
- Access to numerous professional development opportunities
How To Apply
Please submit your resume via e-mail to [email protected] along with a thoughtful cover letter. In the cover letter, please explain why you are interested in the mission, values, and activities of RSF Social Finance. Please also tell us why your skills and experience would make you successful in this role.
In the e-mail subject line, please write “Program Associate, Philanthropic Services”.
Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls please.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
RSF Social Finance is an equal opportunity employer; candidates representing a diversity of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with