We need someone to support and grow multiple nonprofit organizations that Arabella Advisors manages. We are looking for an organized, detail-oriented and highly motivated self-starter with exceptional communication skills. In this position, you will be expected to work directly with our nonprofit clients and manage a portfolio of projects. Additionally, you will support business development, operational innovations, and synthesize financial data. If you have at least two years of professional work experience, an interest in nonprofit operations, and a desire to learn about the philanthropic sector, then this is an excellent opportunity for you.
About Arabella Advisors
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We help our clients imagine what’s possible, design the best strategies, learn what works best, and do the work necessary to realize their visions.
Our staff is a team of passionate problem-solvers—mission-driven and action-oriented—with a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience.
The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation. Our leadership team, advisors, colleagues, and staff are fundamentally concerned with social change. We share a desire to make a difference and apply an outcomes-focused approach. Our internal culture supports employee passions, enables continuous learning, and fosters innovation, risk taking, and fun—even as it emphasizes excellence.
About the Managed Nonprofit Organizations
Arabella Advisors provides operations and management support to multiple public charities, including a 501(c)(3) named the New Venture Fund and a 501(c)(4). These managed organizations house new and innovative public interest projects and nonprofits, as well as coordinate collaborative initiatives between donors and administer grants programs. This type of structure is commonly referred to as fiscal sponsorship, and candidates are highly encouraged to research fiscal sponsorship prior to a first interview. The managed organizations provide support to a diverse range of projects, including many focused on conservation and global health. The organizations have also provided fiscal sponsorship to projects focused on voter registration, public policy, education, disaster recovery, and music and the arts.
Candidates are highly encouraged to research fiscal sponsorship prior to a first interview.
- Independently manage a portfolio of fiscal sponsorship and grant-making projects, including managing relevant documentation for projects, monitoring project cash flows, synthesizing large amounts of financial data, and communicating with clients and donors
- Support nonprofit project Account Managers (Associate Directors and Directors) in the management of a large portfolio of hosted projects and grant-making programs
- Support business development and the process of developing new donors
- Help structure donor-driven public interest projects for maximum impact
- Contribute to operational and procedural innovations for the managed organizations
- Develop an understanding of relevant emerging and critical philanthropic trends
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum two years of work experience (internships and work experience combined)
- Impeccable interpersonal and client relationship/customer service skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to anticipate needs of clients and raise them to manager and proactively provide materials needed
- Demonstrated effectiveness providing necessary professional support in front of and for customers
- Ability to lead portions of client meetings with oversight
- Ability to proactively problem-solve to identify both problems and potential solutions in a fast- paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple demands, projects and deadlines
- High level of computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), database programs and web-based communications tools
- Sense of humor
A Career with Arabella Advisors
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, fun, transparent, collaborative, and healthy culture. We invite you to visit our careers website to learn more about our people, culture, and work. However, we thought you should know that Arabella is committed to providing excellent benefits to our employees. For you and your eligible dependents, we provide a competitive package that includes health, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. We also provide you disability coverage; life insurance; personal and volunteer leave time; a 401K match that you are eligible to receive when you start; funds for professional development; and a fitness benefit.
We also are committed to building a firm that is diverse and inclusive. We invite our clients and employees to be fully themselves. By integrating diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work, we benefit from increased knowledge, creativity, flexibility, and organizational and individual growth. We expect all Arabella staff to share this commitment.
Candidates must submit a resume and one-page cover letter to be considered for the position. The cover letter must address why you want to work at Arabella and why this is your dream job. We will disregard candidates that do not submit the appropriate materials.
For more info: http://www.arabellaadvisors.com/careers/open-positions/
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses.