For over a decade, the Anthony & Jeanne Pritzker Family Foundation has been investing in strengthening many of the unique institutions that define Los Angeles. The Foundation aims to enrich our community not just for the present, but for generations to come, with particular focus on medicine, higher education, the environment and the arts. In 2014, the Foundation launched Pritzker Foster Care Initiative to highlight its commitment to supporting transition age foster youth and the families that care for them.
We are seeking a motivated, responsible and multi-faceted individual to be part of our tight-knit team. A successful candidate must have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and be able handle a variety of duties related to grant stewardship, nonprofit administration and event coordination. This role is a great opportunity for a dynamic professional, looking to grow with an organization, who shares the foundation’s values and commitment to making a difference in the community.
- Oversee the utilization, maintenance and improvement of the grant making platform (Wizehive)
- Accurately and efficiently process grant awards from proposal submission to award disbursement including document creation, database entry, and record keeping
- Work closely with accounting team to ensure timely grant payments (including managing multi-year payment schedule) and assist with regular finance-related projects including monthly reporting, annual audit and tax filing preparation
- Support marketing needs including regular maintenance of the Foundation’s website
- Support successful coordination of events and meetings for internal and external stakeholders including board meetings, partner convenings and special events, as needed
- Assist team in general clerical and administrative duties including coordinating meetings, managing file system and answering general calls and emails for the Foundation
- Maintain familiarity with IRS Rules and regulations as they pertain to the grant making process both for private foundations and for grantees
- Remain abreast of current research, activities, and trends in the specific focus areas of the Foundation, especially in the area of foster care
- Represent the Foundation in the community and engage with partners to build relationships that further foundation goals
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree a plus
- Knowledge of child welfare and foster care system a plus
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience, preferably in nonprofit or government sector
- Commitment to excellence with strong attention to detail and self-review of product
- Superior time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize with changing situations
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrates sound judgement and use of tact, diplomacy and discretion
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office Suite ( Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Database experience a plus
- Regular and predictable on-site job attendance is a requirement for the role
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com
The Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, political affiliation, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.