About the Foundation
Founded in 1988, the Weissberg Foundation is a private family foundation based in Rosslyn, Virginia. We envision a just world that recognizes inequities and builds access, opportunity, and power so that all can thrive. Our mission is to advance organizations and efforts that give voice and opportunity to historically marginalized populations through funding, amplification, capacity building, and collaboration. The Foundation predominantly funds in the United States in four key program areas: Reframing <Washington>, Equitable Justice, Diversity in Theater, and the Weissberg Program in Human Rights at Beloit College in Wisconsin. Learn more about the Foundation at www.weissbergfoundation.org.
About the Position
The Weissberg Foundation is seeking a program assistant to provide administrative, programmatic, and communications support to our staff and board. The foundation staff is small; therefore, teamwork is an essential part of this position. The ideal candidate will have strong organization, communications, and people skills. This position is an opportunity to build solid professional skills and networks through engagement with nonprofits, foundations, and others committed to advancing social justice.
- Maintain office (e.g., space, supplies, mail)
- Provide meeting support, including scheduling, logistics, and notetaking
- Serve as IT point person
- Assist with travel arrangements
- Provide basic bookkeeping support
- Assemble and distribute board books and other mailings
- Conduct background research on organizations, issues, and processes
- Assist with grant application intake, proposal review, and grantee reporting
- Assist in maintaining grantmaking records
- Serve as point person for the foundation’s online grants management portal
- Coordinate discretionary grants
Stay up-to-date on information and events within the foundation’s program areas, the philanthropic community, and the broader social sector
- Manage the foundation’s social media
- Maintain the foundation’s website and blog
- Coordinate quarterly grant partner updates for the foundation board
We are seeking candidates that possess the following qualifications:
- Commitment to our core values of equity, listening and learning, intentionality, ingenuity, and trust and empowerment
- Strong and active knowledge of MS Office, particularly Word and Excel
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Good judgment, attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and ability to multi-task in a sometimes fast-paced environment with competing deadlines
- College/university degree or two years professional experience in administration, communications, and/or nonprofit programs
The Weissberg Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applicants with diverse identities, backgrounds, and life experiences to apply. We offer a salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, intentional professional development opportunities, and a benefits package that includes health insurance and a retirement plan.
Note: This position is being hired in combination with the [Executive/Administrative Assistant] position being hired for the Weissberg Investment Corporation. 60% of this person’s time will be dedicated to the job responsibilities for the Weissberg Foundation, and 40% will be dedicated to job responsibilities for the Weissberg Investment Corporation.
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume with the subject line “Foundation Assistant Position” to Amanda O’Meara at email@example.com. Applications must be received by June 11, 2018.