The Trefler Foundation is a private family foundation that was established in 1999 by Pam and Alan Trefler, who serve as its Trustees. The Foundation has several areas of focus related to the Trustees interests; chief among these are community health and wellness, education, and cancer prevention and treatment.
The Trefler Foundation has created a new position, Program Assistant, to support existing and new initiatives related to the Foundation’s grant-making programs and community outreach activities.
This position reports to the Foundation’s President.
The Program Assistant will undertake the following duties:
- Oversee and further develop the presence of the Foundation and its grantees on social and other media. Representative duties include refreshing the Foundation’s branding materials, maintaining and enhancing the Foundation’s website, and connecting to Foundation’s grantees to support their work through various social media strategies.
- Develop relationships with staff representing the Foundation’s grantees, and assisting in ongoing monitoring of grantee activities.
- Assist the Foundation’s leadership in assessing new grant opportunities. This includes reviewing proposal requests, conducting organizational evaluations, making site visits, and preparing final disposition of requests.
- Prepare written reports, white papers, and updates for the Foundation’s leadership.
- Represent the Foundation at various public events, grantee events, and community gatherings to learn about new opportunities and strategies for engagement.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of bachelor’s degree in education, public policy, health or another area related to the Foundation’s foci as well as an interest in the nonprofit world. In addition, the ideal candidate will have strong written and communication skills and a knowledge of social media. Demonstrated engagement in community service or community activities is a plus.
The ideal candidate will have many of the following characteristics, accomplishments and/or skills:
- a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in education, public policy, health or another area that related to the Foundation’s area of focus
- an interest in how nonprofits are operated and managed and the role of nonprofits in community action and change
- one to two years work experience (either for profit or nonprofit), with a preference for work in one of the areas of the Foundation’s interests
- demonstrated engagement in community service or community activities
- comfort working in a small office environment
- ability to work independently and strategically
- strong written and communication skills, including excellent editing skills
- a knowledge of social media and the ability to use social media to accomplish strategic goals
- excellent attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through
The Trefler Foundation offers a benefits program that includes health and dental insurance, a 403B plan, paid sick leave, vacation and holidays.
To apply, please send a cover letter, including salary range, and a resume to:
Christine H. Green, Ed.D.
233 Needham Street, Suite 210
Or send materials electronically to:
Deadline for applications is October 31, 2017. No phone calls please.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with