Founded in 1956, S. H. Cowell Foundation is a private philanthropy with offices in downtown San Francisco. Cowell makes grants to non-profit organizations and public schools in high-poverty communities throughout northern and central California. Our approach to grant-making is place-based, responsive and hands-on. We view the organizations and communities we fund as partners, and we work hard to develop mutual respect and trust.
Cowell seeks a full-time Program Assistant. Our staff team is small and highly collaborative. The Program Assistant fulfills vital functions of the grants program, both internally and externally: providing administrative support for program officers, and communicating directly with applicants and grantees. Program officers travel frequently, and the Program Assistant is essential to maintaining a reliable, responsive home office. The Program Assistant also provides general administrative support for staff.
About the Position
- Responding to inquiries from grant seekers and questions from grantees;
- Drafting and executing grant-related documents and correspondence;
- Creating and maintaining database records and knowledge-management documents;
- Scheduling calls, meetings and travel; coordinating events, vendor relations and logistics;
- Providing support to program and administrative staff.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Two years of prior experience in a professional office setting;
- Strong clerical and technology-user skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office; experience with Salesforce and Adobe Acrobat are desirable;
- Excellent listening and customer-relations skills;
- Ability to prioritize, handle multiple assignments, and work with urgency;
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively.
The starting annual salary is $50,000 - $55,000, commensurate with education and experience. In addition, Cowell offers excellent benefits.
This non-exempt, full-time position is located in San Francisco, California. Cowell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on federal, state and local laws.
Please email your resume, along with a cover letter explaining how your experience and interests match the needs of this job, to email@example.com. Refer to the job title in the subject line of the email. Please, no phone inquiries.